PDA

View Full Version : Klima Air Conditioning Cleaner

dorkus
08-17-2006, 10:39 PM
anyone try it? i don't have too bad a case of the A/C funk odor, but it's there a little bit when i turn the A/C off and run the fan... wondering if this will help, or at least is a good preventative measure.

http://www.fusionperf.com/product-details.asp?fusion=28

dboy11
08-18-2006, 08:08 AM
anyone try it? i don't have too bad a case of the A/C funk odor, but it's there a little bit when i turn the A/C off and run the fan... wondering if this will help, or at least is a good preventative measure.

http://www.fusionperf.com/product-details.asp?fusion=28

Lysol sprayed in the vents will be effect, you want to run the heater on low heat in recirculation mode....then up at the windshield vents spray in there so that it sucks it up, then let run for a bit and reapply....also remove the filters for the AC during this time they might also be one of the problems....I noticed that you are in NJ...humidity is one thing that causes this smell in some cases.

TOGWT
08-18-2006, 08:58 AM
For odour from the air conditioning unit (1Z Klima-Cleaner) is an effective means for removing odour-causing bacteria, fungi and other germs. Spray into the interior A/C vents and allow product to work for 30 minutes.

It creates a healthier and fresh smelling environment for the interior of your car, change cabin air filter

Use a piece of soft wire to clean the condensate drain hole underneath the air conditioner as this a major collection point for odour-causing bacteria and other germs

Tip- turn off the AC but leave the fan running for the last minute or two before turning off the ignition to help dry the condenser and surrounding area. Also check the cabin air filter, change as necessary

Boile
08-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Lysol sprayed in the vents will be effect, you want to run the heater on low heat in recirculation mode....then up at the windshield vents spray in there so that it sucks it up, then let run for a bit and reapply....also remove the filters for the AC during this time they might also be one of the problems....I noticed that you are in NJ...humidity is one thing that causes this smell in some cases.

Be carefull with that Lysol. It will stain and damage the finish on your console.

dorkus
08-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Use a piece of soft wire to clean the condensate drain hole underneath the air conditioner as this a major collection point for odour-causing bacteria and other germs

thanks, i'll see if i can find that. i'm actually going in for my Inspection II soon, i guess they'll take care of it.

Tip- turn off the AC but leave the fan running for the last minute or two before turning off the ignition

yup, been doing that since day 1. unfortunately it seems that out here in jersey, you can only fight the humidity for so long. the smell is not bad in my case though - while the A/C is running it's basically odorless, i only notice it when i'm doing that run-down procedure. my fiancee (who has a much more acute sense of smell actually) never found it bothersome. just want to make sure it doesn't get worse though.