PDA

View Full Version : paintless dent removal challenge......

racer1
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I took my 330i to the stealer today and the paintless dent removal guy quoted me $150 for a door ding:mad: . He said it would be perfect and I would not be able to tell where it was. I was skeptical and after telling him my background with finishes he said If I could see the area that was repaired it was free! I have a good knowledge of finishing and a well trained eye so I took the bait. How good are these paintless dent removal guys? It seems like a win win situation since I'm OCD. Any thoughts. thanks.

dboy11
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
I took my 330i to the stealer today and the paintless dent removal guy quoted me $150 for a door ding:mad: . He said it would be perfect and I would not be able to tell where it was. I was skeptical and after telling him my background with finishes he said If I could see the area that was repaired it was free! I have a good knowledge of finishing and a well trained eye so I took the bait. How good are these paintless dent removal guys? It seems like a win win situation since I'm OCD. Any thoughts. thanks.

I'ves used them a few times with alot of luck and like you I have a good eye for this

LDV330i
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
If you are OCD you will alway see traces of the dent. I had a nice dent from my rear fender removed. To 99% of the people the dent is fully gone but under certain light I can see a slight trace of it, something the repairman warned me about. Just realize that it will never be like it just came out from the factory. Obsessing over it is not going to make it go away. :D

racer1
08-29-2006, 08:31 PM
If you are OCD you will alway see traces of the dent. I had a nice dent from my rear fender removed. To 99% of the people the dent is fully gone but under certain light I can see a slight trace of it, something the repairman warned me about. Just realize that it will never be like it just came out from the factory. Obsessing over it is not going to make it go away. :D

But it will at least be free.... if I can see it. I hope it's invisible.

20ducks
09-23-2006, 12:39 PM
I had a few dings removed at the Spartanburg roadster Homecoming earlier this month. They removed the dings and scratched the window in the process.

racer1
09-24-2006, 07:55 PM
I had a few dings removed at the Spartanburg roadster Homecoming earlier this month. They removed the dings and scratched the window in the process.

That really sucks! Hope they comp you. I just had an acorn fall on my roof and dent it , can it be fixed with PDR?