PDA

View Full Version : Crayon stain on leather

macct
09-04-2006, 08:34 AM
My son left 2 crayons out & they melted on the seat (auburn leather). I have tried using Lexol with some sucess. The blue came totally out, leaving no marks or stains. The yellow, though, has been much tougher. It is still leaving stain as it seems like it has been asborb into the leather. The stain is much lighter now, but the Lexol doesn't seem to be lifting much of it anymore.

Any suggestions of what may work? Should I be able to get the stain to be less noticeable? Do the leather dye kits (recommend one?) work or would they cause more harm? The stain itself is about 3" round plus a narrow 4"x 1" line. Thank you for any suggestions.

TOGWT
09-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Ink stains
Some ballpoint ink stains can be sponged clean using 303TM Cleaner & Spot Remover. If this doesn't completely remove the stain, the other alternative is to use Townsend Leather™ Ink & Stain Remover, will removes ink, crayon, lipstick, heel scuffs and other difficult stains from finished leather.

Hairspray- contains alcohol to help it dry quickly, alcohol and / or solvents can severely damage the finish of the leather (and/or the urethane covering); even a small amount may leave a permanent mark.

macct
09-05-2006, 05:24 AM
I will give those two products a try. I appreciate the help.

LarryN
09-05-2006, 05:46 AM
I remember leaving one of those 128 count crayola boxes, with the shapener on the side, on the back deck of my dad's (then) new audi, when I was a kid. We were road tripping it from Boston to Disney, and were in Georgia at the time, eating lunch at a Denny's.

It wasn't pretty... for both the car, or for me. :D

Good luck getting it out though. You'll have better luck than on the gray cloth seats in that audi.

dboy11
09-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Stoners Xenit is one that will take it off, its a citrus based cleaner...what you need to do is use a hair dryer to heat that area up that will bring the oils in the crayon back to the surface then spray on the Xenit and wipe clean....then add back on your leather conditioner

Here is the link to the product for you to read about

http://www.moreshine.com/

DRWWE
09-05-2006, 12:25 PM
I just got blue melted crayon off of our brown leather seats last summer. Use a citrus-based cleaner (Xenit is great and I also recommend it) and it should come off with no problems. I did not have to heat it up though, I just sprayed it on and whiped it off a few minutes later.

I think dboy11 suggested I use it at the time.

Good luck.

macct
09-05-2006, 04:47 PM
I will probably try the Xenit first and see what happens. Once again, thank you for the suggestions. I am optimistic I can get the stain out given the recomendations.