PDA

View Full Version : will you replace your E39?

jzdinan540i
11-26-2002, 07:35 AM
With the new and improved <cough-cough> Bangle mobile? Or are you planning on keeping the E39 till BMW wakes up form this nightmare? How can BMW improve on a car that still cant be beaten by the competition? :dunno:

johnlew
11-26-2002, 07:57 AM
gonna be hard to.

DrBimmer
11-26-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by jzdinan540i
With the new and improved <cough-cough> Bangle mobile? Or are you planning on keeping the E39 till BMW wakes up form this nightmare? How can BMW improve on a car that still cant be beaten by the competition? :dunno:

Read an article somewhere that the next 3 series will be Bangle's most conservative design so far. Sorry, but isn't the high end luxury model (the E65/66) supposed to be the conservative one?

I guess they realized that the 3 is their bread and butter and they can't afford to screw that one up.

And for the record, I love the Z4 and, as far as the E65 is concerned, while I don't think it is gorgeous, I don't have any serious objection to it.

actionsports
11-26-2002, 09:07 AM
I am to attached to the E39 at this point to leave it, maybe in a few years. I would like to just get an '03 M5, if only I had the money.

PropellerHead
11-26-2002, 09:10 AM
I will keep the E39 and likely go forced induction on it. That's not really a function of avoiding the new styling as much as it is just hanging on to my cars.

I generally keep cars for about five years and like to get them near 100k before I think about selling them. I've had this one for 2 years, it's CPO until late 2006 and only has 25K on it, I think we're in for a long affair.

I like the Z4 a lot, too.
http://www.my02.com/images/z4/frntsm.jpg

BillP
11-26-2002, 12:50 PM
The simple answer is "yes" for almost all of us, since very few folks take their cars from cradle to grave.

I will likely keep my '00 540 for 2-3 more years, giving me enough time to let the E60 be introduced and potentially changed.

By that time we'll also know a lot more about where the other manufacturers are going. The Japanese makers, while still behind, are catching up. Mercedes and Porsche are always there as well.

Of course, the E39 M5 still beckons .... :thumbup:

Bill

Black Majik
12-04-2002, 01:51 PM
MY E39 will definitely be replace later on down the road, but not by a BMW. I fear this is the last BMW I'll own.

Next possibility that I can possibly see owning will be the new E class... although I'm not sure I want auto :eek:

The E39 will suffice, I wont have to think much about it rite now... so no fear :D

nate
12-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by DrBimmer
Read an article somewhere that the next 3 series will be Bangle's most conservative design so far. Sorry, but isn't the high end luxury model (the E65/66) supposed to be the conservative one?

More conservative a design than the E46? That would be hard to do.

And, I do see room for improvement on the 5 series

beewang
12-05-2002, 04:11 PM
Well... I hated the Bangelized look for quite a while. But recently, went to the BMW 745 Ultimate Driving Experince. Lemme just say that BMW had spend their marketing dollars wisely, and it WORKED!! (on me). I am getting used to the new look and begins to see the e39 models as a bit "out dated".

Not that I will ever buy a 7 series, but the thurough presentation of the car by BMW is really necessary for one to appreciate all the technology behind the 745 (kindda like the navigation system). I m SOLD on the i-drive, and will DEFINITELY get the E60 (No!! my M car is NOT for sale:flipoff: ) when it becomes available next year.

beewang:bigpimp: