PDA

View Full Version : E46 Scan tool Q

LilEccentricJ
12-22-2001, 08:17 AM
I know from the .org some got into a GB (before the ban/exodus) on an OBDII scan tool/interface for their E46's. What company/brand was it? Also, it was for PC or Palm... any user opinions on the usefulness etc of either?

After getting the Bentley book with its pages of trouble codes etc., I really want the scanner now. :D

TIA

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-22-2001, 11:22 AM
http://www.obd-2.com/

Alex Pepers (programmer) and 31st330i from bimmer.org did a group buy deal. I got mine just a few days ago.

Anyway, if you're geeky enough to play around with the software and gathering data! :)

planet
12-22-2001, 02:41 PM
Looking at the page for this device, it seems like its features do NOT include the ability to set vehicle and key options.

Anyone know if there's hardware/software available that sets vehicle/key options?

LilEccentricJ
12-22-2001, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by planet
Looking at the page for this device, it seems like its features do NOT include the ability to set vehicle and key options.

Anyone know if there's hardware/software available that sets vehicle/key options?

Yea, it's called a MoDIC?? and I guess we could put together a group mugging of a BMW tech leaving work? Just a thought. :eek:

LilEccentricJ
12-22-2001, 04:36 PM
Just placed my order for ISO car code! Cool Cool !!! Alex noted that the GB is still on till Tuesday @ www.obd-2.com/bs.html

Thanx for the info posters and Alan P for your quick response in email! Lookin' forward to my new toy :D