PDA

View Full Version : keeping engine plastics black

dennisuy
09-08-2006, 10:38 PM
hey guys,
what do you receommend to keep the plastics on the engine BLACK and DUST FREE? There has been some recent road repair in our area, and dust has started creeping into the engine compartment. I've tried the usual wet chamois to take off the dirt...but I think I lost the nice black shine of the engine plastics.

Thanks in Advance :)

lex89
09-09-2006, 05:45 AM
After you clean/degrease the engine bay, use CD-2 Engine Detailer. Easy to use and looks great IMO.

dboy11
09-09-2006, 08:06 AM
The CD-2 products are great but can be hard to find. I like Stoners Trim Shine in the aresol cans is about the same as CD-2 but I can find it here in NO CA at the local Pep-BOys and Wal-Mart...its also avaiable on line

dennisuy
09-09-2006, 08:21 AM
thanks for the input guys...

but sorry in this part of the world...CD-2 is not readily available at auto shops....

I will keep my eyes open for these products though. Does any of the common brands (i.e. turtle wax, eagle one) carry a similar (tested) product?

dboy11
09-09-2006, 08:26 AM
thanks for the input guys...

but sorry in this part of the world...CD-2 is not readily available at auto shops....

I will keep my eyes open for these products though. Does any of the common brands (i.e. turtle wax, eagle one) carry a similar (tested) product?

Didn't look at where you where from...look for water based dressings those are good on engines....Have a look at this link for Poorboys World products of which I use a lot of them...his bold and bright is a water based dressing that can be used on the engine and is not greasy once dry...I see that he has distributors in Asia not sure which one would be closet for you

http://www.poorboysworld.com/distributors.htm

dennisuy
09-09-2006, 02:09 PM
again...props to you DBOY11

will definitely check out POORBOYWORLD products and water based dressings....

cheers !!!!!