PDA

View Full Version : building my motor?

MikeHsu
09-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Ive been driving my car with the supercharger on for around 2000 miles. Other then the ICV grommet popping out, everything is running smoothly. Even tho everything is driving fine, i still feel like the car reliability went down the drain compared to stock. Everything is more sensitive and some day, something will happen.

I am running 11psi so its not considered "low boost". I am planning on what I would like to do for next year in 2007. This year, I am pretty much done. I am just going to get a new clutch and straight pipes/exhaust. Next year, I am aiming for around 450 WHP so I would like to reinforce this motor as much as possible.

I know for sure, I will need to lower my compression. I definitely need thicker/stronger head gaskets. Would I need new pistons and new rods? or is this something I do not need to worry about if im not going to make more then 500 WHP.

My plans are:

schrick or sunbelt cams
aftercooler (must have)
thicker head gaskets

what else should I add on to my list? thanks in advance

AW328i
09-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Maybe a water injection system or whatever it's called, to help cool things down.

MikeHsu
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
the water injection is installed already. Here are the mods I have:

M50 intake manifold
42# injectors
Aquamist water injection
porsche 3.5 HFM
Custom AA tuning
bumped to 11 psi with the right pulleys

Fast Bob
09-12-2006, 05:55 PM
If there`s enough clearance, have the block O-ringed....this will eliminate most head-gasket problems. These bottom-ends are plenty strong, and should handle 450-500 HP (at the crank) without blowing up.

Regards,
Bob

underoath240
09-13-2006, 10:08 AM
yeah but above 500 might cause some problems...

kbfire607
09-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Ive been driving my car with the supercharger on for around 2000 miles. Other then the ICV grommet popping out, everything is running smoothly. Even tho everything is driving fine, i still feel like the car reliability went down the drain compared to stock. Everything is more sensitive and some day, something will happen.

I am running 11psi so its not considered "low boost". I am planning on what I would like to do for next year in 2007. This year, I am pretty much done. I am just going to get a new clutch and straight pipes/exhaust. Next year, I am aiming for around 450 WHP so I would like to reinforce this motor as much as possible.

I know for sure, I will need to lower my compression. I definitely need thicker/stronger head gaskets. Would I need new pistons and new rods? or is this something I do not need to worry about if im not going to make more then 500 WHP.

My plans are:

schrick or sunbelt cams
aftercooler (must have)
thicker head gaskets

what else should I add on to my list? thanks in advance
yea u differently need some new pistons and new rods b/c ur stock ones might not be able to hld all tht power......well i am a member too so i was thinking about doing the same thing to my BMW 325i......i was going to drop a supercharger in my car next two months.....holla