PDA

View Full Version : wax after aio and sg

Bmr boy
09-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi
First time poster long time lurker here great site!
Just clayed and aiod- and getting ready for sg- how many coats of sg and then ok to put a wax on it?

THANKS!

dboy11
09-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi
First time poster long time lurker here great site!
Just clayed and aiod- and getting ready for sg- how many coats of sg and then ok to put a wax on it?

THANKS!

One or two coats allowing 24 hours between them so that it can cure...then top that with the paste wax and your good to go

Bmr boy
09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
thanks for reply- quick question though- what exactly is the purpose/advantage of sg?

I have some fine sqirls guess im out of luck on those- thought aio might help
im not turning back though with the sg just wondering the adantage of that? thanks:thumbup:

dboy11
09-11-2006, 11:53 AM
thanks for reply- quick question though- what exactly is the purpose/advantage of sg?

im not turning back though with the sg just wondering the adantage of that? thanks:thumbup:

a sealant (sg) gives off a high gloss to the paint and adds some longer more durable protection...for the swrils I would use this product it can be done by hand and will remove some of the swrils...

http://www.poorboysworld.com

Get his SSR1 its a polsih that is a bit more aggressive than the AIO that you used...you can then go to SG after that

2001 540 AZ
09-24-2006, 01:13 PM

FWIW I use the Klasse AIO and SG on jet black 540. the first three coats of SG (12 hours between coats) I notice improvement after each coat, after that nothing noticable. So, I stop at three coats. Even in the heat of AZ the SG really protects the finish of the car. The swirls require polish, so yea out of luck unless you start over.