PDA

View Full Version : BMW STEP Questions???

replicat
09-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Hey guys i just finished reading about 10 pages in BMW STEP info and I still have a couple of questions?

1. The relocation thing, when I interview for the program and I tell them that I commited and willing to relocate, will they send me to MD or PA or something like that. Even though there is a STEP facility 15 mins from my house.

2. If any of you know about the Automotive Technology w/BMW Fast Track at UTI. Is it worth the extra training or should I be okay applying to the STEP program with just a high GPA?

-Thanks for all of you help in advance.

bmw318ish
09-12-2006, 01:00 AM
idk i might join that same course though i want to go to uti might awell be a bmw technition

BMWtech75
09-15-2006, 01:29 AM
Hey guys i just finished reading about 10 pages in BMW STEP info and I still have a couple of questions?

1. The relocation thing, when I interview for the program and I tell them that I commited and willing to relocate, will they send me to MD or PA or something like that. Even though there is a STEP facility 15 mins from my house.

2. If any of you know about the Automotive Technology w/BMW Fast Track at UTI. Is it worth the extra training or should I be okay applying to the STEP program with just a high GPA?

1) the relocation thing is for when you finish STEP. If you can find a dealership in the area you want & they are willing to pay for it then cool. If not then you gottta relocate to where a dealer will take you. Once you start you are in contract with BMWNA.

2) I went through the FAST TRACK program. Paid about $7,00 out of pocket. Worth it to me. I qualified for STEP. Took their test & passed with flying colors. Reason I didn't go was because I live on my own & cannot go 6 months working part time. So I opt to pay for fast track & work during the day then school at night.

STEP= Level 1 Master Tech

Fast track= Certified Tech

I am doing alot better than most step grad.

Now it is your choice.

scarface007
11-05-2006, 03:51 PM

well i just graduated from uti on june of 06 and i start bmw step orientation on the 17th .

1.first you must got to uti or any tech school equivilent to that.

2. have a clean driving record

3. get a 100 % attendance and 4.0 gpa, i know they tell you that its ok to have like 90% attendence and like a 3.8 gpa , but trust me it is not . the competition is good and the entry exam is no joke .

4.if you got ase's even better , you dont need experience but show that you can pass the tests.

5. they dont pay for your living so get ready to work and do school at the same time.

my advice is do what i did work for like 6 months and save all your money so you can be work free and concentrate on your school stuff.

bmw step is the way to go , they pay for all your training and get a you a job when you graduate . the location is not guarnteed though so be carefull .good luck :thumbup:

TbTony21
11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
I have a question for you guys. I dont know which program I should go for, either the BMW Step or the Mercedes-Benz Elite. I like Mercedes and BMWs, but didnt know which would be a better career. And also after graduation which technician would be payed more? Thanks