PDA

View Full Version : car cover and scratches

Bmr boy
09-13-2006, 11:12 AM
I just reciently bought a car cover with the flannel backing- nicest one they had a pep boys after getting tired of seeing dust on my car the day it was washed and garaged!

/
Im wondering though if this can induce scratches on the jet black paint? I appreciate any suggestions and input you have

dboy11
09-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I just reciently bought a car cover with the flannel backing- nicest one they had a pep boys after getting tired of seeing dust on my car the day it was washed and garaged!

/
Im wondering though if this can induce scratches on the jet black paint? I appreciate any suggestions and input you have

If the car has dust on it then it could cause some real minor scratches from dragging across the surface, I like to use a Calif Duster on the surface before putting it on....the biggest problem with car covers is getting it on the car by your self...I tend to fold mine from the sides...to the top...then roll that from the back to the front this way I can un-roll it without dragging it all over the car.

Bmr boy
09-13-2006, 11:28 AM
if you fold from the sides doesnt that bring the bottom portion of the cover up to the top and hence subject to the dirt on the outside of the cover?'

/

being a bit anal here but concerned

dboy11
09-13-2006, 11:33 AM
if you fold from the sides doesnt that bring the bottom portion of the cover up to the top and hence subject to the dirt on the outside of the cover?'

/

It folds over one side then the other...making it easier to roll up and more compact...I think that there is some chance that you are going to incur some scratches but its really little IMO and I have a black car to...I've always tried to have two people to do this helps greatly

Boxboss
09-13-2006, 07:54 PM

/

Flip the sides up to meet in the middle (on the roof) - the body work is still protected by what wasn't flipped. Roll front to back or back to front. Dirt/dust from the cover is very minimal, if at all. Compared to not being covered, and in my case, 2 cats who love to sleep on the cars, the benefits far outweigh the chances of dust damage.

laidback
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Same here:thumbup: Have the same experience and have been using a car cover with all my cars just makes it easy keeping the car clean...And for cats i hear you they always love the warmth of the hood:D

Flip the sides up to meet in the middle (on the roof) - the body work is still protected by what wasn't flipped. Roll front to back or back to front. Dirt/dust from the cover is very minimal, if at all. Compared to not being covered, and in my case, 2 cats who love to sleep on the cars, the benefits far outweigh the chances of dust damage.