PDA

View Full Version : Meguires Gold Class or NXT?

lilskel
09-13-2006, 01:38 PM
In liquid form are either of these any good? Ease of use, durability, beading, smoothness...also I heard NXT has cleaners in it, what about Gold Class?

Rsavory
09-14-2006, 07:51 PM
I used Gold Class paste for about 2 years. It is very good but doesn't last long. I bought some NXT paste early this year and used it on both cars. It lasts longer and hides more fine scratches than Gold Class. I think you are correct that NXT provides some cleaning, but it doesn't amount to much. Mostly, it is a polymer sealant.

I think choosing paste or liquid is mostly a matter of personal preference.

Elvis530i
09-14-2006, 08:51 PM
I use both: #26 over NXT. Looks nice. :D

SP330
09-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I use NXT. I love it. I'm about to get some of that Harley Davidson Wax I heard it's amazing only second to zaino.

lilskel
09-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Heard NXT doesn't last long..

I'm interested in something that's going to keep the paint smooth and slick for at least a month through weekly washings and daily rain...is this unreasonable?

Would layering be my best bet? Therefore making the NXT useless as it cleans off the first layer each time?

SP330
09-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Get some Zaino, everybody says its God's given gift for detailing an automobile. Even with a lot of rain it beads right off and stays really fresh for a good while. Haven't tried it some friends have it ontheir cars, stuff rocks. Get that for overall best of the best and longetivity.

Weaselboy
09-16-2006, 08:55 AM
I have used NXT and it is easy to use, but does not last long at all. I much prefer Zaino.

lilskel
09-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Sooo...NXT or Gold Class...what lasts longer? I don't really care which shines better as my car is white, new and in the 93 degree Florida sun it is shiny enough as far as I'm concerned I don't think I would notice a difference

Going to be using a PC with liquid NXT or Gold Class..maybe Nanowax instead?

Boxboss
09-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Sooo...NXT or Gold Class...what lasts longer? I don't really care which shines better as my car is white, new and in the 93 degree Florida sun it is shiny enough as far as I'm concerned I don't think I would notice a difference

Going to be using a PC with liquid NXT or Gold Class..maybe Nanowax instead?If your car is white, you should seriously consider Zaino. It is the best for lighter colored cars and will outlast either NXT or Gold Class. Even if you aren't interested in the shine, do it for the 6 month protection and get the shine as a bonus.

I used NXT until my first use of Zaino on the 6er - threw out 1/2 bottle of NXT.

laidback
09-23-2006, 01:38 AM
I have used meguires gold an the nxt in the past but switch to zaino... (PITA) to put but well worth the result...but for meguires product i have to choose gold instead of their nxt...

DominguesE30
09-25-2006, 03:38 AM
i use gold class. Meh works for me...

silverstar
09-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Here is some accurate information that may help you.

Meguiar's Gold Class is Carnuba Based Wax.

Meguiar's NXT is synthetic based polish and wax in one. There are no cleaners in NXT.

As a rule, Carnuba wax will not hold up as long as synthetic based products. Zaino is also synthetic based like NXT. If you are looking for long lasting, go with synthetic based products. If you are looking for more of a deep rich show car shine, go with Carnuba based waxes but you will have to apply more often.

If you have any doubts, check out www.meguiars.com there is a lot of helpful information in their question and answer section.

schley
10-01-2006, 01:39 PM
You could always put the carnuba over the zaino or synthetic for a deeper shine.