PDA

View Full Version : Active Autowerke Completes Custom E46 M3 SC / Nitrous Application!!!! **Pics Inside**

ActiveAutowerke
09-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Hello Board,

We are going to try our best to start sharing more things with the board. We recently did a project on an E63 M6 and shared all the info with board members so I will be doing the same for the E46 guys. Here are the specs on an E46 M3 that just left the shop today. We are also doing some custom Supercharger work on Indy Driver Tony Kanaan's E46 M3 as we speak. Stay tuned for details on that one..

p.s. Some tuners out their have publicly stated.. and I quote " you'll see people out there with more boost, nitrous oxide, etc., but those engines aren't going to be alive as long as ours".......WRONG!! We believe in building reliable systems that will maintain the same reliability that your car came with but.. we also believe in giving people something that they want and providing them with complete products at fair prices. FYI we have over 130 kits worldwide and we plan to continue to improve on these kits and have many new goodies that are related to our Rotrex based kits on the way. It took us a long time to get to this point and we just want everyone to be able to enjoy the comfort of having a reliable Supercharged car they can drive everyday, whether it be our basic Level 1 kit or something more radical like this below..

Active Autowerke Level 3+ Supercharger Kit
New Active Autowerke E46 M3 Performance Clutch and Flywheel
Custom AA Nitrous Setup with Two Carbon Fiber Nitrous Bottles & Seperate Fuel Cell w/ C16
Vorsteiner Everything!
Carbon Fiber Everywhere inside the car!
BBS Wheels
Brembo Gran Turismo Brakes
A lot more stuff but you get the idea...:phatyo:
Here are the pics...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/JeanSada/S5000743.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/JeanSada/S5000744.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/JeanSada/S5000728.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/JeanSada/S5000726.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/JeanSada/S5000725.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/JeanSada/S5000735.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/JeanSada/S5000733.jpg

firedwg1
09-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Hello Board,

p.s. Some tuners out their have publicly stated.. and I quote " you'll see people out there with more boost, nitrous oxide, etc., but those engines aren't going to be alive as long as ours".......WRONG!! We believe in building reliable systems that will maintain the same reliability that your car came with but.. we also believe in giving people something that they want and providing them with complete products at fair prices. FYI we have over 130 kits worldwide and we plan to continue to improve on these kits and have many new goodies that are related to our Rotrex based kits on the way. It took us a long time to get to this point and we just want everyone to be able to enjoy the comfort of having a reliable Supercharged car they can drive everyday, whether it be our basic Level 1 kit or something more radical like this below..

Hey it***8217;s great that you post new stuff that AA is doing on all the boards to hype up everything did not know AA was turning into speed addicts (J/K). The fact still remains that Nitro is hazardous to engine life especially if applied wrong. It's like taking meth sooner than later it catches up with you and you will die of a heart attack.

To come out and state that a car will maintain reliability with nitro and a supercharger is hog wash... There are reliable systems out there, don***8217;t get me wrong but the more horse power you attempt to squeeze out of any engine the more problems you will have with engine components.

Thanks for sharing the photos
edit: BTW where are your dyno results?

ActiveAutowerke
09-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey it's great that you post new stuff that AA is doing on all the boards to hype up everything did not know AA was turning into speed addicts (J/K). The fact still remains that Nitro is hazardous to engine life especially if applied wrong. It's like taking meth sooner than later it catches up with you and you will die of a heart attack.

To come out and state that a car will maintain reliability with nitro and a supercharger is hog wash... There are reliable systems out there, don't get me wrong but the more horse power you attempt to squeeze out of any engine the more problems you will have with engine components.

Thanks for sharing the photos
edit: BTW where are your dyno results?

Thanks for the feedback and i hope everyone enjoys the pics there will be more to come.

However the NOS being reliable is far from "hog wash"

We have built a stock E46 M3 with a 200 shot and that has been running for almost 2 years. And still running. Reliable.

Our phoenix yellow M3 ran a similar set up for about a year. Reliable.

This car will be another example.

NOS is a lot of fun and is very dangerous as well when imporperly used or installed.

This system in particlular has a couple safety features installed as well.
Such as:
-C16 fuel cell
-wet system
-nos will not spray with out C16
-C16 will not spray with out nos
-bottle warmer
-etc...

firedwg1
09-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback and i hope everyone enjoys the pics there will be more to come.

However the NOS being reliable is far from "hog wash"

I know AA would have ran this car on the Dyno already, why not post it?

I donít claim to be an expert on N2O but reliability is a huge factor with N2O injection and that is a fact. To each is their own, as with crack, use it moderately and you might be ok for a while.

Anyway here is a good write up on N2O system that the forum can read.

http://www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html

good luck

Jon@TheMshop
09-19-2006, 05:01 PM
I know AA would have ran this car on the Dyno already, why not post it?

I donít claim to be an expert on N2O but reliability is a huge factor with N2O injection and that is a fact. To each is their own, as with crack, use it moderately and you might be ok for a while.

Anyway here is a good write up on N2O system that the forum can read.

good luck

Unfortunately the owner of the M3 has told AA not to release details on the kit setup and dyno results.

firedwg1
09-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Jon that does not make sense :confused:

Jon@TheMshop
09-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Jon that does not make sense :confused:

Don't ask me. It was mentioned on Bimmerforums that the owner doesn't want any numbers, dyno charts, or full details of the N20 kit to be listed or shown to the public.

I'm not surprised because there are some drag racers out there that request no time and speed to be posted on the display lights at the end of the drag strip. You see this during "Test and Tune" nights.

I am not sure if this M3 is completely done or still in it's final tuning stages.

firedwg1
09-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Jon so rather than just ignore people why would not AA come out and say it when posting the photos? It's like telling a fish story with no photo.

Im guessing youre correct its not complete... AA's post was a little premature.

I guess we will have to wait and see...

Jon@TheMshop
09-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Jon so rather than just ignore people why would not AA come out and say it when posting the photos? It's like telling a fish story with no photo.

AA has posted this info. on other message boards. They did respond back saying that the cust. doesn't want any numbers or details to be posted online. AA probably just forgot to mention it on this forum.

ActiveAutowerke
09-20-2006, 09:12 AM

No one is being ignored.

Active as a company has not really promoted or shown some of our custom kits.
We receive a lot of request for installs such as these. This thread is here to give a little preview.

There is no "fishy story" here my friend. At the customers request we have not posted his final numbers. Yes this car has been fully tuned and dynoed. If its numbers you want all i can say is that this car put out the highest dyno reading for an E46 M3 on our dyno(mustang dyno).

It is not us who are posting prematurely. :thumbup:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/JeanSada/S5000721.jpg

As for the NOS we have more than enough experience with it to come out and state that this kit is "reliable"

firedwg1
09-20-2006, 09:57 PM
AA thanks for clearing that up... I don***8217;t mean to give you guys a hard time perhaps my definition of reliable is different then yours. When I think of reliability I think of the whole car not just the system itself.

What is your thought when many NOS customers make statements like this?

Note: Running nitrous oxide in your engine can be very dangerous, and the above document is intended on helping you understand generally how it's done. My recommendation is that you not do it at all, unless you can afford a new motor if something goes wrong. In either case, the information above is just my recommendations, and in no way is a guarantee, or acceptance of any responsibility on my part.
I happen to use mostly NOS components in my nitrous system, and consequently you'll see pictures and examples of NOS products on my pages. I don't necessarily suggest that they are the best products, though. Specifically, I'm not happy with the NOS solenoid failure I had, and the customer service response. I would probably recommend another vendor's solenoids, like NX.

Which contradicts:

We believe in building reliable systems that will maintain the same reliability that your car came with

Don***8217;t get me wrong your custom NOS system looks great! It***8217;s just odd that no numbers or dyno will be posted. Is that not normal that once you post people will ask? So why post if there is no supporting dyno.

I don***8217;t have an agenda and I***8217;m not trying to make you guys look bad. In fact I even have added a link over a year ago from my homepage to your website when I built the site. The whole idea is to help people be more informed.

Thanks in advance

ActiveAutowerke
09-21-2006, 06:30 AM
AA thanks for clearing that up... I don't mean to give you guys a hard time perhaps my definition of reliable is different then yours. When I think of reliability I think of the whole car not just the system itself.

What is your thought when many NOS customers make statements like this?

Note: Running nitrous oxide in your engine can be very dangerous, and the above document is intended on helping you understand generally how it's done. My recommendation is that you not do it at all, unless you can afford a new motor if something goes wrong. In either case, the information above is just my recommendations, and in no way is a guarantee, or acceptance of any responsibility on my part.
I happen to use mostly NOS components in my nitrous system, and consequently you'll see pictures and examples of NOS products on my pages. I don't necessarily suggest that they are the best products, though. Specifically, I'm not happy with the NOS solenoid failure I had, and the customer service response. I would probably recommend another vendor's solenoids, like NX.

Which contradicts:

Don't get me wrong your custom NOS system looks great! It's just odd that no numbers or dyno will be posted. Is that not normal that once you post people will ask? So why post if there is no supporting dyno.

I don't have an agenda and I'm not trying to make you guys look bad. In fact I even have added a link over a year ago from my homepage to your website when I built the site. The whole idea is to help people be more informed.

Thanks in advance

The Dyno numbers may be posted once the customer gets on to a dyno jet. As for now he would just like to keep that info to himself and we must respect that.
However this thread was not put here to throw horsepower numbers around.

If anything this thread is placed here to be informative to the Bimmerfest community to see a peep of what we can really do.

I get your point with the NOS and thats why its optiional. There will always be risk involved when alterering a vehicles from there stock form. That is where we pride ourselves take just every saftey step possible. In our kits, exhaust, nos, etc..

Thanks for keeping us in high regard, enough to place us on your website.:thumbup: