PDA

View Full Version : Restore radiator luster

DotBalm
09-14-2006, 01:12 PM
My once bright and shiny radiator exterior has lost its luster. I miss seeing its new look through the grill and below.

Any product suggestions to clean and restore w/o compromising function or removing parts? I have not been successful with car wash soaps. There doesn't appear to be any particular type of dirt/grime, just uniformly lost its new look. Yes, I have some time on my hands.

dboy11
09-15-2006, 08:12 AM
My once bright and shiny radiator exterior has lost its luster. I miss seeing its new look through the grill and below.

Any product suggestions to clean and restore w/o compromising function or removing parts? I have not been successful with car wash soaps. There doesn't appear to be any particular type of dirt/grime, just uniformly lost its new look. Yes, I have some time on my hands.

To clean that I would use a very soft plastic brush or paint brush with long bristles....use a all purpose cleaner mixed 10/1 with water...this will loosen up any dirt that is there and some of the dullness....then for dressing I like Stoners Trim Shine in the aerosol can, spray on and let it dry for about 30 minutes....that will bring back the shine but you will have to reapply every month or so its going to come off with heat and time

Here is a pic of the brush that I use and a old model Lexus that I detailed for a sale...the motor looks new and on the plastic parts this was the trim shine

dboy11
09-15-2006, 08:13 AM
For some reason the motor pic didn't upload...here it is.

BrianSF
09-15-2006, 09:35 AM
dboy,

That's one clean looking engine compartment. I'm sure the new owner appreciated your good work.

Brian

DotBalm
09-17-2006, 08:33 AM
dboy,

Thanks very much for your posts.

That engine compartment is impressive. I will give it a shot.

Thanks again.

dboy11
09-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Your welcome and good luck