PDA

View Full Version : '03 525i configuration

DCC
12-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Why is it that I cannot add the sport package without leather...bmwusa.com is mandating leather to be a requirement when choosing the sports package...
Nowhere in the brochure does it say I have to get leather to get the sports package

rbright
12-01-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by DCC
Why is it that I cannot add the sport package without leather...bmwusa.com is mandating leather to be a requirement when choosing the sports package...
Nowhere in the brochure does it say I have to get leather to get the sports package

You don't order your cars through BMWNA's website do you?

Call your dealer. The website also won't let you configure many of the colors with the Natural Brown interior, but sure enough, it is all possible.

don't freak out over BMWNA website, it leaves a lot to be desired, but is a good starting point.

PropellerHead
12-01-2002, 08:58 PM
So, whatchya gonna do with your 02 coupe?:angel:

DCC
12-02-2002, 07:47 AM
keep it for now...
:)

Jim Cash
12-04-2002, 03:23 PM
BMW marketing produces various "packages" such as the "sport" one - bundles lots of items and in may cases includes stuff a person does not want.

My understanding is that you can order the package but then "delete" the items you do not want.

So that would let you go back to something other than the leather - but you will probably end up paying the price of the package anyway, and getting less of it.

Not very coustomer oriented. All we can do is keep wirtting to BMW NA about this issue.

Start wth your dealer and work from there - they may be able to get you a special order without paying for the full package - this seems to be incosistant.

Cheers
Jim Cash

PropellerHead
12-04-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Jim Cash
Jim Cash
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest

What I drive: E39 540i/A

Woohooo!! The Cash is in da Hoooouse!!!

Welcome!