PDA

View Full Version : Alacantara cleaning

ken6217
09-22-2006, 05:46 AM
Unfortunately my steering wheel is alacantara. I went to their website and got their cleaning directions. It says after wiping the surfaec down with a damp rag, to use a soft bristle brush the next morning. Whats is the definition of a soft bristle brush and where can I get one? Would that be like a shoe shine brush?

Thanks,
Ken

MMME30W
09-22-2006, 05:49 AM
I would think something more like a light cleaning or kitchen brush, you know, something to get the nap on the fabric stirred up a bit.

TOGWT
09-22-2006, 08:17 AM
(Escaine, Alacantra) Should be cleaned by brushing the nap with a soft nylon upholstery brush, remove pilling with a single-sided razor blade and then applying a cleaning solution (Water /Woolite® or Dreft® with a ratio of 5:1 or stronger) on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (do not soak the fabric) Localized stains can be treated with a citrus-based cleaner, ensure surface is dry before use by leaving window cracked/open. For heavy stain removal- 1:1 Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover / Distilled water- http://www.folexcompany.com/

Identifying characteristics- very soft to the touch will scratch or scuff very easily; water drops will darken the leather but it returns to its original colour after drying.

Maintenance- Use a soft brush lightly to remove dust and raise the fabrics nap, once your seats / steering wheel / interior is clean, you should use a conditioning/protection product (303™ High Tech Fabric Guard, which includes UVR protection)

dboy11
09-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately my steering wheel is alacantara. I went to their website and got their cleaning directions. It says after wiping the surfaec down with a damp rag, to use a soft bristle brush the next morning. Whats is the definition of a soft bristle brush and where can I get one? Would that be like a shoe shine brush?

Thanks,
Ken

I use a finger nail brush they are real soft and will not hurt the nap in the leather