PDA

View Full Version : "M" striping

BMWE30freak
09-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Well, as most of you see by my avitar, I have "M" striping on my hood. I'm doing TONS of mods to my car (well, they'll be done by bimmerfest) and one of my goals is to put some M striping on my valve cover. Does anyone know where I can purchase engine enamle or high heat paint in those colors? I know I saw it done on an E30 M3 last year, so I know it exists. I'm just hoping that somebody here will know where to get it. Thanks for your help.

BrianSF
09-23-2006, 10:19 AM
One variation of the E30 M3 had a valve cover with ///M stripes. Maybe you can source one of those (hell, it may be available at your dealer) rather than taking this on yourself. No guarantee that it would fit your engine but you won't know until you try. Just a thought.

BmW745On19's
09-23-2006, 11:23 AM
:dunno: I'm not really a fan of badging up a car, but I am totally against putting M badges on a non-m car.

BMWE30freak
09-23-2006, 07:33 PM
:dunno: I'm not really a fan of badging up a car, but I am totally against putting M badges on a non-m car.

Grrrrrrrrrrr. *smite* *smite* *smite* I'm fine with it. I'm not putting M badges on the car, just the colors that represent what BMW is all about.

LmtdSlip
09-23-2006, 07:50 PM
I imagine most any well stocked auto parts store would have what you are looking for in rattle cans.

Preparation will be key in making this come out looking sharp. You probably want to have the cover bead blasted and then rub it down with Acetone to make sure you get all of the oil off...Otherwise the paint will start to bubble when the cover heats up.

The trick will be to make sure you match up the paint colors with the actual M colors.

BMWE30freak
09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
I imagine most any well stocked auto parts store would have what you are looking for in rattle cans.

Preparation will be key in making this come out looking sharp. You probably want to have the cover bead blasted and then rub it down with Acetone to make sure you get all of the oil off...Otherwise the paint will start to bubble when the cover heats up.

The trick will be to make sure you match up the paint colors with the actual M colors.

Thanks, I'm going to check out some stores on Monday and see what they have. I'm defenately having the cover blasted, but I never thought of rubbing it down with acetone. thanks for the advice!