PDA

View Full Version : VFE Water reservoir for Charge Cooler

firedwg1
09-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Basically it will go right above the engine cover... I've attached some photos. Also the radiator will be placed behind the screen between the Fog lights.

ZeroG
10-24-2006, 11:00 AM
That is kind of wierd. Looks like a PITA to fill..

54ODell
11-24-2006, 09:46 PM
not knowing much about aftercoolers, maybe you can tell more... how often is a fill needed?

firedwg1
11-25-2006, 05:12 PM
This is a self contained system as with a "radiator". As long as you have no leaks you should not have to fill the system. Charge Cooling System should never have leaks if operating normally.

I hope this answers your question.

shadowless
12-03-2006, 12:28 AM
This is a self contained system as with a "radiator". As long as you have no leaks you should not have to fill the system. Charge Cooling System should never have leaks if operating normally.

very clear :) awesome awesome. i have said it in another post, but i can't freakin' wait until this kit comes out. i want!!!

in terms of reliability, i wonder which will fare better: VF or AA. i will take long-term reliability over more power. i was going to get AA stage 1 but now i think i will just wait for VF's kit.

from the pics i have seen so far, it seems that the VF kit is simpler/easier to install (and hence revert back to stock later....).

thanks for sharing!

firedwg1
12-04-2006, 10:39 AM
I think its pretty clear, charge cooler in intake manifold is the way to go! Its not cheap because you get what you pay for. Also VFE will have thier parts CARB certified for CARB required states, AA will not anytime soon that I know of. You might want to call them and ask.

shadowless
12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I think its pretty clear, charge cooler in intake manifold is the way to go! Its not cheap because you get what you pay for. Also VFE will have thier parts CARB certified for CARB required states, AA will not anytime soon that I know of. You might want to call them and ask.

cool cool
thanks for replying.

well, just so others do not flame me without warrant, i am not saying that one kit is better than another. but VFE appears that it is the best FOR ME.

one thing i have noted is how solid VFE's kits are for other cars and how solid the E46 M3 kit appears in pics.

CARB certified is a great thing. i don't know if NC requires it but i will be moving in a couple of years (don't know yet where i will) so if i get this kit, that will be one less hassle.

waiting eagerly for this darn kit to come out....

ZeroG
12-13-2006, 12:25 PM

Very true.... But some race people like the ability to drop some Ice Cubes in there before a session to bring down the temps that much more. There should also be some klind of a bleed valve, so when pressure gets to high a coolant\water bleeds you might need to refil it.

I thought CARB was just a cali thing C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board)?

Jlevi SW
12-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Very nice!
JL

firedwg1
12-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Very true.... 1. But some race people like the ability to drop some Ice Cubes in there before a session to bring down the temps that much more. There should also be some klind of a bleed valve, so when pressure gets to high a coolant\water bleeds you might need to refil it.

I thought CARB was just a cali thing C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board)?

Q1. Yes true, not exactly Ice though, DRY ICE, you can still put dry ice in the reservoir if you really wanted. The primary reason for the shape of the reservoir was VFE wanted to leave the window cleaner reservoir stock and in place. lets face it there just is not much room under the hood of the MZ3.

Q2. This link should explain your question about CARB is used by NY and other states as a standard many states are expected to start going CARB in the near future.

http://www.shieldsharper.com/carb.html

http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm