PDA

View Full Version : Potential BMW 328xi Owner

kryzak
09-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Hey y'all,

I'm from the South Bay area in the SF Bay Area in Cali. A friend of mine who drives a bimmer referred to me here to ask some questions about dealership and prices. I'm currently debating between getting a new 2007 328xi bimmer or a 2003-2005 certified-pre owned 325xi. I don't know whether getting a pre-owned is a good idea, so I wanted to see what people thought of the idea.

Also, I was wondering which BMW in the Bay Area is good... So far the internet manager of Mountain View BMW seem cold, the SF one seems nice, the Fremont one passed me on to Mountain View, and the Stevens Creek one said they have no 328xi yet so get back to them later...

That almost makes the SF one the default good dealership to get a car from.

The quote I got from them for a basic 328xi 2007 metallic blue color with rear parking sensor is $32, 835. That's close to Edmund's TMV of $32,214. What do you all think of the price?

I'm also tempted to get a new Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T instead to save $2K... probably not the right forum to ask whether that's a good idea, eh? ;)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

K

glxtasy
09-29-2006, 03:53 PM
I just purchased a certified pre-owned 540it sport. It's a great car and only had 23k on it. Well taken care of and I would have no problem purchasing a pre-owned certified vehicle. Probably just depends on what you are looking for regarding features, styling, etc.

I wanted the cold weather package on mine, but when looking for used, you either wait a while to try and find what you exactly want or else you take what you can find. On the 2003 540its, there were only 260 of them sold in the US, so I was obviously of the mind to take what I can find and the cold weather package wasn't a deal breaker, just something I wanted.

For a used car, you have to be more flexible on colors and options, but if you can handle that, it's always better to let someone else take the intial new-to-used depreciation hit.

looking to buy
02-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey y'all,

I'm from the South Bay area in the SF Bay Area in Cali. A friend of mine who drives a bimmer referred to me here to ask some questions about dealership and prices. I'm currently debating between getting a new 2007 328xi bimmer or a 2003-2005 certified-pre owned 325xi. I don't know whether getting a pre-owned is a good idea, so I wanted to see what people thought of the idea.

Also, I was wondering which BMW in the Bay Area is good... So far the internet manager of Mountain View BMW seem cold, the SF one seems nice, the Fremont one passed me on to Mountain View, and the Stevens Creek one said they have no 328xi yet so get back to them later...

That almost makes the SF one the default good dealership to get a car from.

The quote I got from them for a basic 328xi 2007 metallic blue color with rear parking sensor is $32, 835. That's close to Edmund's TMV of $32,214. What do you all think of the price?

I'm also tempted to get a new Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T instead to save $2K... probably not the right forum to ask whether that's a good idea, eh? ;)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

K
Hey kryzak,

I'm in the same situation as you, looking to buy a new 328xi and living in the south bay. I've only been to one east bay dealership (pleasanton) so far, and did not find any especially good deals. My question is, how did you get such a low price with the edmund's tmv?

Any other info you want to share in your search is appreciated.

S