PDA

View Full Version : Aerosol markings on Windows?

mab436
10-01-2006, 08:43 AM
I just got my car back from service and noticed a very fine haze on the bottom of the window. Thought it was just a little dirty and needed to be cleaned with some window cleaner. The haze will not come off, thinking that they must have sprayed the aerosol window cleaner and now I have this fine haze marks on the window. Anyone have any clue how to get them out?

'05
325ci silver gray
sport
premium
xenon
H/K

THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSES

mab436
10-01-2006, 08:47 AM
I just got my car back from service and noticed a very fine haze on the bottom of the window. Thought it was just a little dirty and needed to be cleaned with some window cleaner. The haze will not come off, thinking that they must have sprayed the aerosol window cleaner and now I have this fine haze marks on the window. Anyone have any clue how to get them out?

'05
325ci silver gray
sport
premium
xenon
H/K

THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSES :thumbup:

TOGWT
10-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Isopropyl alcohol contains approx. 70% isopropyl alcohol, is a colourless liquid with a pleasant odour. It is highly flammable and is found in alcohol sponges, cleaning agents, and rubbing alcohol (although some rubbing alcohols contain ethanol and / or oil) and is a good disinfectant.

Used in various dilutions it is used for removing adhesive residue, as a solvent for petroleum type stains. Used after polishing to check the paint surface for any surface imperfections not removed by polishing. Fill a fine misting spray bottle with a 1:1 Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) / distilled water solution spray the paint surface, leave it to dwell for 30-45 seconds, agitate before wiping the paint surface with a clean, dry 100% cotton towel. (DF Alpine***8482; http://www.dftowel.com)

With 70% strength isopropyl alcohol in order to obtain a 1:1 ratio (50/50 % mixture) use 2 parts alcohol to 1 part distilled water (See relevant sections for usage and dilution used.)