PDA

View Full Version : Polish/Wax Removal Bonnets on Random Orbital...

sponge_worthy
10-01-2006, 10:18 AM
I have a Griot's Random Orbital, bought the whole kit, - orbital, pad, bonnets, wax, machine polish etc...

Anyway, after applying both the wax or polish -- I tried to remove it using the appropriate bonnet, yet the results were pretty much nil... I ended up having to remove by hand with a cotton towel.

Has anyone had success with the bonnets on the random orbital? Is there some secret to actually getting the wax or polish off with the orbital?

jvr826
10-01-2006, 10:25 AM
I recently purchased a similar kit from Autopia, but I haven't used the bonnet yet. I attended a detail clinic last year put on by Meguire's and the speaker used a bonnet. He also said he uses one bonnet to buff a full sized SUV.

In the demonstration it was clear that buffing the polish/wax until it was almost gone, a very light haze, was the key to success. The polish/wax needs to be completely dry also.

Hope this helps.

sponge_worthy
10-01-2006, 10:31 AM
I recently purchased a similar kit from Autopia, but I haven't used the bonnet yet. I attended a detail clinic last year put on by Meguire's and the speaker used a bonnet. He also said he uses one bonnet to buff a full sized SUV.

In the demonstration it was clear that buffing the polish/wax until it was almost gone, a very light haze, was the key to success. The polish/wax needs to be completely dry also.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I might have been a tad impatient.... :angel:

Boxboss
10-02-2006, 07:36 PM
I have a Griot's Random Orbital, bought the whole kit, - orbital, pad, bonnets, wax, machine polish etc...

Anyway, after applying both the wax or polish -- I tried to remove it using the appropriate bonnet, yet the results were pretty much nil... I ended up having to remove by hand with a cotton towel.

Has anyone had success with the bonnets on the random orbital? Is there some secret to actually getting the wax or polish off with the orbital?I use a MF bonnet over a lambswool pad to remove/buff both carnauba and Zaino. No issues at all. I did allow plenty of drying time between application (by hand) and removal.