PDA

View Full Version : product is good for black rubber bumpers or bumper trims?

leinad922
10-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Hi all: Don't drive a bimmer, (not rich enough, lol), but ran across your detailing tips and am wondering what products work good on black bumper or black bumper trims? Used to use Black Chrome but this product is not readily available anymore?

Thanks for any help in advance.:p

picus
10-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Do you want an over the counter recommendation, or are you willing to go online for it?

BrAdam's
10-06-2006, 11:15 AM
leinad922,

A product that I would recomend for Black plastics and trim pieces would be VRT (Vinyl, rubber, and tire) made by Adam's Polishes. It is a water based product that contains no silicon or alcohol, it wont stain plastics, it is dry to the touch, dust and dirt will NOT stick, wipes right off paint & glass and it has a low gloss shine and doesnt look like you put baby oil on your trim pieces.

Here is a link to show you how it is used:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/vrt.cfm

Hope this helps

leinad922
10-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Actually, if the product was good/great, I could/would go online to order it...especially if its not a readily available product distributed to my neighborhood stores.

BrAdam's
10-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Absolutley!!

You can order directly from Adam's!!

Here is a link to the VRT, just add to your basket and checkout.

When checking out, use the promotional code "EAGLE" and get 10% off you order!

http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/product.cfm?id=710A1FF5-52B6-42CC-B07F01C8B1D7689A

picus
10-06-2006, 02:09 PM
You've already got one good recommendation, VRT is a nice dressing. One thing I do want to mention though; if the trim you're working on is faded at all you may want to consider a restorer and a dressing, or a product that combines the two. Dressings obviously make plastic dark, but in general they are just masking it - a restorer will re-hydrate faded trim. I like Poorboys Trim Restore personally, because it's easy to use; if they are very faded you may need to use it a few times the first time you use it.

If they aren't faded at all and you just want them dressed nicely, VRT will work. A couple OTC ones that will too: Meguiars #40, Mothers Back to Black, Duragloss NSD.

Cheers.

leinad922
10-07-2006, 11:41 AM
actually my dad (believes in no computers in his house) was asking me to go online and get the info...but it is for his NEW pickup truck he was wanting to know, so NO, the black rubber is NOT FADED yet, and this exactly is what he is trying to avoid during the aging process of his vehicle, even though it is garage kept...here in florida.

Thanks for all your very helpful info!!!:) :)