PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix this?

jmj
10-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Boxboss
10-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Any help would be greatly appreciated!What have you tried so far?

ajfB004
10-09-2006, 08:04 PM
You need leatherique. look it up on the net and get the kit you may need the dye because it looks like some extensive wear in some places but this is the product you definitely need.

jmj
10-09-2006, 08:11 PM
What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I wasn't sure what conditioner or cleaner to get since I want it to look matte and not slippery and shiny.

Titania
10-10-2006, 07:05 AM
You need leatherique. look it up on the net and get the kit you may need the dye because it looks like some extensive wear in some places but this is the product you definitely need.

I second this. Leatherique's products work very, very well. The process is a royal pain in the butt, but the results are more than worth it. I used the Leatherique system, including dye, on the truly horrible leather in my 1986 Jaguar XJS. When I was finished, the leather looked like the car just came out of the showroom. The leather in my XJS was in much, much worse shape than yours in those photos.

dboy11
10-10-2006, 09:48 AM
The leather needs to be cleaned to start then the leatherique will do the job, however its a long process but produces great results...based on what I am seeing from the pics I would call your local dealership and see who they use for leather repair....in my detail biz I have a local guy here that could repair that in less than an hour for 20 to 25 bucks.....using dye can be tricking...matching the OEM colors is not always easy....I've posted the link for you to read about leatherique if you are interested....

To clean the leather...use Woolite mixed 1 part to 10 parts water, in a spray bottle...with a finger nail brush you can rub the leather and it will lift all the dirt from the crack and other areas...wipe clean and let dry...you are then set to use Leatherique or another conditioner...I like to use Poorboys World..leather stuff...this will not dye back the color but leave the leather soft and if you buff it after applying it will leave a matted finish

http://www.leatherique.net/

poorboysworld.com