PDA

View Full Version : Zaino my A$$ Klasse Rules

ajfB004
10-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Finished Klasse AIO and SG on the car ready to start interior and thought I would drop in a few pics. I used Zaino in the past but I am now addicted to the AIO and SG. :thumbup: Two coats of AIO and then 3 SG just wipe on and off with the SG. I believe the quote was " You only apply a whisper of the product per coat." PC with a microfiber cap buff before each coat and one final.

There are two pics of some interior wear I am experiencing also has anyone else had the same thing happen?

lilskel
10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
That's nuts

I wonder how it would look on white

laidback
10-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Looks like their scratches from going in and out of the car...How long does the klasse last?

ajfB004
10-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Nope, not scratches the finish is peeling like a bannana by the AC vents in the door.I dont even touch that part of the car when getting in and out. I had to put the seats all the way back just to get a pic. Not pleased at all with that for an 80k$ car
The Klasse will last about 6 months its great but it can be a little tempermental to apply if you dont let the car cool properly or apply to thick but wow once you get it down its a breeze.

ajfB004
10-11-2006, 01:01 PM
That's nuts

I wonder how it would look on white
just as good my brother has a white 350Z and uses it on his. Great for protection also the SG has UV protectant

NASA43
10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
My vote is for Zaino. Been using it for 8 years.

ajfB004
10-11-2006, 01:30 PM
How long does it stay on the car ?

laidback
10-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Nope, not scratches the finish is peeling like a bannana by the AC vents in the door.I dont even touch that part of the car when getting in and out. I had to put the seats all the way back just to get a pic. Not pleased at all with that for an 80k$ car
The Klasse will last about 6 months its great but it can be a little tempermental to apply if you dont let the car cool properly or apply to thick but wow once you get it down its a breeze.

Try contacting your SA see if the warranty would cover it...

NASA43
10-11-2006, 02:36 PM
How long does it stay on the car ?

Water typically beads up for at least 6 months. Depends on how much it rains which drives how often I have to wash it but I have never waxed my car more than twice a year. I usually do it in October and April.

lilskel
10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Water beads for 6 months...but if you run your fingers along the car do they glide smoothly or is the paint just smooth and glossy but not slippery?

M3Mike
10-11-2006, 05:42 PM

:thumbup:

I threw my Klasse out the window a few years ago. A couple washes and its finished, Zaino lasts far longer and does a much better job.

FalconGuy
10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
you were not applying Klasse properly if you washed it off in s few weeks. No offense, its just one of the traits of Klasse, its durability, it was either too much used, improper prep, something.

Klasse usualy sheets, as do most sealants, not bead like a wax.

Klassed a car my dad was shipping to FLa, sat there in the sun for 6 months, he is the once a month run it through a car wash type. When it came back, via exposed truck transport ( bug city) the car literaly looked like I just detailed it after a good 2 bucket wash.

Its all in the prep. If you like Klasse or Zaino, you will love Werkstatt. Best of both worlds, looks, durable and not some BS combo with more steps than AA.

Just my opinion

Peench
10-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Don't mean to sound like a n00b, but what is SG?

I've used Klasse in the past, but have never had the pleasure of trying out the Zaino finish products. I've used their leather cleaner and treatment and like it.

lilskel
10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
SG is sealer glaze I believe..it's their other product that you put on after AIO to make it last longer

PropellerHead
10-12-2006, 06:11 AM

I threw my Klasse out the window a few years ago. :stupid:
Me too. I used AIO/SG for ahwile but switched to Zaino about three years ago. In my experience, it lasts longer than SG and is easier to work with.

Especially now that Zaino has its own abrasive polish, there is no need to prep the paint for an ultra clean surface before the wax.

People who think Zaino is difficult to use aren't using it properly.

Desertnate
10-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Finished Klasse AIO and SG on the car ready to start interior and thought I would drop in a few pics. I used Zaino in the past but I am now addicted to the AIO and SG. :thumbup: Two coats of AIO and then 3 SG just wipe on and off with the SG. I believe the quote was " You only apply a whisper of the product per coat." PC with a microfiber cap buff before each coat and one final.

There are two pics of some interior wear I am experiencing also has anyone else had the same thing happen?

I will swear by the Klasse twins for ever. Super easy to apply, looks good, and lasts for ever.

One tip for you however. You only need ONE coat of AIO. If you use more than one coat, it is only stripping away the coat of AIO below it. If you need to work out some swirls and scratches, use another polish first, then one coat of AIO, and then pile on the SG/wax :D

ajfB004
10-12-2006, 11:27 AM
I never put wax on top of the SG, after the three coats are done it looks so good I cant imagine any improvement. What wax do you use over the SG

mvallido
10-12-2006, 11:32 AM

Wow I thought one of them was windows XP screen saver.

jtg
10-12-2006, 05:12 PM
so once you klasse/zaino it every 6 months. How do you keep it clean on a weekly/monthly basis.

PropellerHead
10-12-2006, 08:17 PM
I never put wax on top of the SG, after the three coats are done it looks so good I cant imagine any improvement. What wax do you use over the SGI used P21S or another Carnuba. Takes that brassy feel from the synthetic and softens it up. P21S was super easy as well. Couple runs with it every month or so and you get a nice deep luster on top of the SG.

Maybe that's why I found SG more difficult- I'm just OCD. 3 coats.... wait two days (or the next weekend)... 3 more coats.. wait two days (or the next weekend).. and hit it with carnuba. Then, repeat the Carnuba every month or so.

With Zaino, I just hit it with a full detail and 3 coats one weekend. If you're so inclined (and I am), wait till the next w/e and do another 3... I continue as many coats as I wish. I happen to do more coats for winter prep but I am unsure if it's really needed.

Keeping it clean week to week was one of the reasons I so like Zaino. Some Z6 quick detailer after a Zaino wash (I think they call it Z7) and I'm sittin pretty like I'd just detailed.

Desertnate
10-13-2006, 10:56 AM
so once you klasse/zaino it every 6 months. How do you keep it clean on a weekly/monthly basis.

You just wash it with a good car wash shampoo. McGuire's Gold Class is an excellent product used by myself and many others here. You can get it in a huge jug at Target or Walmart and it does a great job.

Klasse and Zaino will only protect your paint. To keep it shiny, you have to wash it. Use a good shampoo and washing it weekly/monthly won't hurt anything at all.

ajfB004
10-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Have you found that the car wash streaks after using SG or Zaino. I think the wash I used had soem type of quick waz in it and I got streaks in the finish they felt oily and I could wipe them with my finger. Will this Gold Class wash do that also?

jtg
10-13-2006, 04:51 PM
You just wash it with a good car wash shampoo. McGuire's Gold Class is an excellent product used by myself and many others here. You can get it in a huge jug at Target or Walmart and it does a great job.

Klasse and Zaino will only protect your paint. To keep it shiny, you have to wash it. Use a good shampoo and washing it weekly/monthly won't hurt anything at all.

Like hand wash? Waterhose at home? wand wash? touchless carwash?

Desertnate
10-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Have you found that the car wash streaks after using SG or Zaino. I think the wash I used had soem type of quick waz in it and I got streaks in the finish they felt oily and I could wipe them with my finger. Will this Gold Class wash do that also?

I've never had Gold Class leave any streaks. If there was streaking, it could be from some wax in the mix or you didn't rinse well enough. :dunno:

Desertnate
10-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Like hand wash? Waterhose at home? wand wash? touchless carwash?

I am a hand wash only person. The only time I have ever done touchless or even the coin-op car wash was when it was too cold to do a good wash myself, but I had to get the salt and road grime off my car.

The best results will always be found washing the car by hand. If you are careful with your rag/sponge/wash mit, it is also the safest way to wash your car and not induce any swirl marks

jtg
10-14-2006, 10:23 AM
I don't mind waxing every 6 months, but hand wash every few weeks is just to much work/time for me.

I know there is a trade off between swirl marks vs. time spent.
I'm trying to find a reasonable middle ground.

RaceTripper
10-14-2006, 10:31 AM
:stupid:
People who think Zaino is difficult to use aren't using it properly.I think Zaino is really easy to use., at least way easier than any paste wax.

Desertnate
10-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't mind waxing every 6 months, but hand wash every few weeks is just to much work/time for me.

I know there is a trade off between swirl marks vs. time spent.
I'm trying to find a reasonable middle ground.

Handwashing really isn't that big of a deal. If the car is reasonably clean, I can wash and dry it in under an hour. To me that hour is time (and indirectly money) well spent because it will save me having to deal with the swirls, scratches, and scuffs to my wheels later.

ajfB004
10-14-2006, 06:25 PM
So what's the wash of choice besides Gold Classe

lilskel
10-14-2006, 07:50 PM

If you wash it every week you will find that it's much easier to wash and really takes no time at all. The dirtier it gets the harder it is to wash. And the more often you wax it or spray wax or anything, the easier it will be to wash also as the dirt will slide right off

Peench
10-15-2006, 10:30 PM
SG is sealer glaze I believe..it's their other product that you put on after AIO to make it last longer

Thanks! :thumbup:

ajfB004
10-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Anyone use a california duster after SG ? do these things really work or not.

RaceTripper
10-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Anyone use a california duster after SG ? do these things really work or not.I use one before I do a quick detail (w/Zaino Z6/Z8). Works great.

Call
10-22-2006, 08:05 AM
I've used Zaino on all my cars for sometime, now. Great protectant...great shine; a dream to use; weekly wash with Zaino wash. Road film, insects and bird droppings just glide off the finish leaving all I expect and desire. I'm sure other products could satisfy someone else but for me...Zaino gets it done. My last two cars have received the top concours club events award for 2005 and 2006.

Can't wait to Zaino my day old 335i Coupe...and yes, it's Jet Black:angel:

Call

jvr826
10-22-2006, 08:38 AM
On streaks, it could be the towel you use to dry the car. If you wash them with fabric softner or dryer sheet, the residue left in the fabric will streak your finish. I use a leaf blower to get the big water off, then go over it with a waffle weave towel to final dry. This method eliminates streaks and micro-scratches.

I'm in the Klasse (with P21S top coats) camp, though I've never tried Zaino. Klasse, IMO, is much more economical. I recently pulled my wheels and spent the better part of five hours cleaning them (nasty track pad residue) with AIO and then HGSG. I let the HGSG cure for 24 hours before driving the car and now the wheels are a snap to clean. Nothing sticks. Now, I just need to be diligent in reapplying the HGSG occasionally to avoid the 5 hour clean next time.

Boxboss
10-23-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm in the Klasse (with P21S top coats) campI'm in the combo camp, too. Twice a year I apply AIO on both the blue 7er and silver 6er. That's followed by carnauba (Souveran) on the blue and Zaino on the silver - brings out the best of all 3 products.

picus
10-24-2006, 06:14 AM
I love arguing over SG and Z2, two products that, used properly, look almost identical and have very similar durability. The only difference being the ease of application, and the need for a catalyst.

RedBread
10-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I used Klasse/P21s for years, even after trying Zaino. I'm back on Zaino now. Z2 Pro is so much easier to apply and remove without streaking. SG is fine, and lasts about the same time, but whether I put it on and wipe it right off, or let it set up for a few minutes, it always streaks. Not bad, and easily removed with a quick detail spray, but still a pain when compared to Zaino.

Given that I can get three coats of Z2pro on either car with about 3/4 of an ounce and four drops of ZFX, we're talking about $1 total for six months of protection. Factor in about a quarter of a bottle of ZPC and a bottle of Z6 and Z7 and we're still under $30 for both cars every six months.

credit777
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I've used Zaino for years. Love it.

Have any of you Zaino guys used the Z-8 spay? Its a bit expensive - but wow! :thumbup:
It gives a much deeper, richer shine than the old Z-6.

laidback
11-08-2006, 09:31 PM

Have any of you Zaino guys used the Z-8 spay? Its a bit expensive - but wow! :thumbup:
It gives a much deeper, richer shine than the old Z-6.

Z8 is much more concentrated and also gets my vote but i am having a hard time buffing it out even if i use it on small areas am i doing something wrong?

Locksmythe
11-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Too cold or too much spray?

Boxboss
11-09-2006, 07:52 PM

It gives a much deeper, richer shine than the old Z-6.As a fellow mineral silver e64 owner who loves Zaino, Z-8 does provide a better shine on our color than Z-6 and I haven't had any application issues with it.

tailorrmade
11-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey Bro, I had the same thing happen to my 03 745Li. My salesperson (whom I still deal with for everything) took it to the Service folks and they took care of it and replaced the whole panel under the warranty. He also said that it was a common occurrence. Also, how long does it take to Klasse your car?

00528I
11-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I use regular old dishwashing liquid (Palmolive) before polishing and waxing. It's the best because its a very powerful astringent and gets rid of any oils or waxes and strips it down to the clear coat. You definitely won't notice any streaking because most 'car washes' include some for of a quick wax. In between detailing sessions, it's safe to use those car washes but on the days of - dishwashing liquid is great.

ajfB004
11-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey Bro, I had the same thing happen to my 03 745Li. My salesperson (whom I still deal with for everything) took it to the Service folks and they took care of it and replaced the whole panel under the warranty. He also said that it was a common occurrence. Also, how long does it take to Klasse your car?

I normally get it completed over a weekend wash clay ,wash, Swirl remover if necessary, Klasse AIO 2 X then 3 coats of SG. the longest period of time is the wait between SG coats. I go 12 hours between so if I get the first day done and complete the SG around 6 pm it works out perfect to have the car ready for dinner the next day

Boile
11-18-2006, 04:43 PM
What color is your car? :dunno:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87939&d=1160594813

I much prefer the deep wet look over a shallow mirror like look. Especially on dark color.

ajfB004
11-19-2006, 02:30 AM

I much prefer the deep wet look over a shallow mirror like look. Especially on dark color.

Black sapphire it took some work with the PC to remove swirls from the prior owner, but we are almost to where I want the finish to be.

BHR4CE1
11-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Z8 is much more concentrated and also gets my vote but i am having a hard time buffing it out even if i use it on small areas am i doing something wrong?

Make sure your surface is not hot. A little Z-8 goes a long way. If the car is cool, a light mist should come off pretty easily and leave a great shine!

Locksmythe
11-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Black sapphire it took some work with the PC to remove swirls from the prior owner, but we are almost to where I want the finish to be.

Looks like you also had to use your other PC to tweak that picture to emphasize the reflection. Or is it just overexposed?

Locksmythe
11-19-2006, 02:19 PM

I was out on a fishing trip and noticed a very clear reflection in on a black refrigerator inside the cabin. Wondered if they used Klasse or Zaino! Turned out it was actually very dirty and stained. The reflection was just a matter of there being a bright enough light hitting the surface with no other stray light to distract from the reflected image. Makes me tend to agree with you, that the wet look is a preferable goal for a good, finished shine.

ajfB004
11-22-2006, 02:36 AM
Looks like you also had to use your other PC to tweak that picture to emphasize the reflection. Or is it just overexposed?

No my friend there is no computer enhancement on the pic thats the real look took it with a 6 mp konica camera. The PC Im referring to is the Porter Cable 7336 sander polisher.

dboy11
11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
No my friend there is no computer enhancement on the pic thats the real look took it with a 6 mp konica camera. The PC Im referring to is the Porter Cable 7336 sander polisher.

Can you explain to me why the door handles and the top part of the door that are at different angle and should have less or more light all seem to be uniform with everything else on the door...something doesn't add up with this pic

Locksmythe
11-22-2006, 11:20 AM
I wasn't implying that you did something like create the reflection itself in photoshop, just that the contrast has been cranked up. White peaking is off the scale.

ajfB004
11-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I stood in the driveway and took 4 pics of the side and doors down at an angle it was about noon and the sun was directly overhead. Camera was set on automatic , try the products man and you will be surprised. I have had a lot of cars all different colors but for following some instructions on the detail forum I feel like a pro now. The buffer alone was the best thing I have ever bought. Its like superman is hand rubbing your car at 5000 rpms. If you all were in TX I would say drive by the house and look at it yourself.

Get a small sample of the polish and glaze from Klasse or Menzena and you will understand.
Really nothing was done to the pics I am not that technically savvy

beauport
12-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I used Klasse/P21s for years, even after trying Zaino. I'm back on Zaino now. Z2 Pro is so much easier to apply and remove without streaking. SG is fine, and lasts about the same time, but whether I put it on and wipe it right off, or let it set up for a few minutes, it always streaks.

The Klasse SG needs to sit on the paint for time, not seconds or minutes. The instructions indicate this. AIO can be wiped off immediately but not SG. This is probably why you're getting the streaking. Plus the SG application must be extremely thin.
Here are instructions from Klasse: "Apply glaze to the entire vehicle before you wipe off residue. The longer High Gloss Sealant sets, the better. Use a soft, microfiber towel for the best results. Make sure the residue is dry before buffing. If Glaze streaks, you***8217;ve used too much product. Use a clean terry or microfiber towel to wipe the area to remove residue."

jetstream23
12-11-2006, 02:19 PM

Hey, that's my car!!! :p

NASA43
12-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey, that's my car!!! :p

ajfB004
01-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Can you explain to me why the door handles and the top part of the door that are at different angle and should have less or more light all seem to be uniform with everything else on the door...something doesn't add up with this pic

The Drivers side door is open look at the bottom and you will see it.

fidozoom
01-17-2007, 01:43 PM
What kind of polishing pads do you use?

I am looking at these from Autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/duflbapl6.html) for backing palte and these for pads (http://www.autogeek.net/curvededge.html) - particularly and black non-abrasive and blue finishing ones.

Please help! I want to roder them soon sot hat I can use them this weekend.

ajfB004
02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
WOLFGANG CONCOURSE SERIES

wOLFGANGCARCARE.COM

FalconGuy
02-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Wolfgang is nice, in fact I put a coat on today, but you cant compare it to Klasse or any sealant. It will be gone in a few washes, unlike Klasse. Its more an oil based product than a sealant. It wont hold up anywhere near Klasse or Zaino. I'm no Zano nut either, Klasse is my choice, but you just cant compare Wolfgang and Klasse. Not that one is better they just are not similar enough, Wolfgang gives an oily nice shine, but its far from a sealant in the traditional sense.

That said, I did use it today, along with UPP, which also cant hold a candle to Klasse for durabilty and shine. If you never tried it, email me and I will send you a sample. The key is knowing how to use Klasse. This is why a lot of people try it and give up. Your bottle of Klasse should outlast most marriages these days....

Also its a heck of a lot cheaper when you factor in how much you use. Such a versatile product, amazing it has been around 30 years +

Let me know if you want to give it a shot, one ounce does my car 3 maybe 4 times including all trim, door jambs etc.

Red Coat
02-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Just read all the posts regarding this and wonder if you've ever tried something called "RejeX"?
I have a friend who put it on everything including glass & plastic. Unbelievable.
Some kind of polymer for the aerospace industry. I detail my 3 series every 2 weeks and I've never seen anything like it before. Due to the time of year and cold weather / snow haven't had a chance yet.
Picked up an '03 X5 4.4i in carbon black in December. Can't wait til the weather clears up to try it on that one.

CAPT1809
02-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks , fellas for all the great info here. I have always taken care of my cars/bikes and just bought my first new BMW since 1990. The Zaino -vs- Klasse debates are very helpful, so I decided to get products from both!! I am most concerned over protecting wheels from the brake dust issue and am thinking of putting in Axxis pads pretty soon. I would like to do this work myself...

Again, thanks again..

DavidN
02-21-2007, 07:18 AM
I like klasse. It's nice stuff. However, since they updated the formula for VOC regs, the product is no longer as durable. Also, Zaino is continually improving their products and has recently released their own AIO as well as a new buffless sealant, known as clear seal.

My vote goes to Zaino.

beauport
02-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks , fellas for all the great info here. I have always taken care of my cars/bikes and just bought my first new BMW since 1990. The Zaino -vs- Klasse debates are very helpful, so I decided to get products from both!! I am most concerned over protecting wheels from the brake dust issue and am thinking of putting in Axxis pads pretty soon. I would like to do this work myself...

Again, thanks again..

Even with all the care to the wheels you can provide, the oem brake pads will dirty up the wheels in no time. When I got my current car in November one of the first things I did was change to the Axis Deluxe Plus pads. Wow, what a difference, the wheels stay as clean as the car does and just hosing them off cleans them up. I'll never run BMW oem pads again.

DavidN
02-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Even with all the care to the wheels you can provide, the oem brake pads will dirty up the wheels in no time. When I got my current car in November one of the first things I did was change to the Axis Deluxe Plus pads. Wow, what a difference, the wheels stay as clean as the car does and just hosing them off cleans them up. I'll never run BMW oem pads again.
One thing I like about OEM pads is how well they stop and how good they feel in general. Hwo do the axis pads compare in terms of how well they work?

CAPT1809
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
I like klasse. It's nice stuff. However, since they updated the formula for VOC regs, the product is no longer as durable. Also, Zaino is continually improving their products and has recently released their own AIO as well as a new buffless sealant, known as clear seal.

My vote goes to Zaino.

Great info as I am trying both..I got that new Zaino combo pack of the AIO, Clear Seal and the Z8. It should be here tomorrow. I was fooling around with the Klasse today after it arrived and it looks great on the bike....now for the Explorer (well, maybe next weekend after the 335i wheels are done..)

xyzbmw1
11-05-2007, 11:13 AM
.... see below...

xyzbmw1
11-05-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm curious what do people think is the best shampoo for washing their beemer?

BMWSTL
11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Your question would be better served in its own thread, and not part of an unrelated one.

Lou