PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy PC pads?

lilskel
10-14-2006, 05:08 PM
I just ripped the foam pad that came with my PC 7424...I was trying to dry it out by spinning it but went a little too fast. Now I believe that I need a backing plate with velcro and foam pads. The pad I had screwed into the PC, and I have the sander plate but I'm not sure if you use that with the velcro pads or not.

I will be using it to apply wax, no polishing. I have been holding off on getting Klasse AIO and using up what Carnauba liquids I have left and getting used to my PC, but I will probably spring for the AIO and SG at the same time/same place as I buy the PC pads online...so I'm not sure if AIO is ok to put on with the PC or not but I want to be using the PC as when I apply by hand I put way to much and dont get proper coverage

suggestions please

lilskel
10-14-2006, 08:23 PM
On Autopia.org I found the Sonus pads...

I think I will get the blue final finish pads for applying Klasse AIO. Will one pad be enough? What if I ever want to apply a wax, could I use the same pad?

Should I get the DAS or SFX pad?

Do I need the yellow backing plate or can I use the one that came with my PC, and if so should I get 5.5" or 6", what's the difference?

Anywhere else to get better/different pads or cheaper?

I will probably apply Klassee SG by hand with a MF applicator with the SG sprayed onto it with a mister, good plan?

DRWWE
10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
On Autopia.org I found the Sonus pads...

I think I will get the blue final finish pads for applying Klasse AIO. Will one pad be enough? What if I ever want to apply a wax, could I use the same pad?

Should I get the DAS or SFX pad?

Do I need the yellow backing plate or can I use the one that came with my PC, and if so should I get 5.5" or 6", what's the difference?

Anywhere else to get better/different pads or cheaper?

I will probably apply Klassee SG by hand with a MF applicator with the SG sprayed onto it with a mister, good plan?

Autogeek and Griots are also good places. When I bought Klasse I asked Autogeek what pads I needed and they sold them to me at the same time. Yes you need a backing plate. I have the yellow one from Autogeek and it works well. You need a plate that is flexible and does not transmit heat. Buy the backing plate at the same time as the pads and you won't go wrong.

Klasse AIO goes on well with a PC (Autogeek's white pad). I found that SG is easier to work with by hand.

jvr826
10-16-2006, 12:07 PM
I bought the Sonus ultimate shine pad kit from Autopia, plus two extra blue pads. You need at least one pad per product you intend to apply to start out. You don't want to contaminate pads with multiple products, or so I'm told.

I haven't used the pads yet though, one of these days I'll get motorvated.

Oh, I went for SFX pads. I also do Klasse and HGSG by hand is the key. Mist is a great idea!

lilskel
10-16-2006, 12:35 PM
My concern is about using too much...they say to only use 1oz of Klasse for the whole car. I probably use 8oz of liquid Carnuba...how the heck am I going to cover the whole car with 1oz? It's white and I won't even see it go on either

JetBlack3
10-19-2006, 09:49 AM
If anyone else is interested in HIGH-quality foam pads for the PC polisher, I highly recommend checking out this link from Adam's Premium Car Care Products: http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/product.cfm?id=154F98C4-3048-2C1A-9AED785A11E85DF0 . The German made Durafoam pads are much more durable then the ones that come with the PC and are much more effective. This system offers a quick release adaptor that makes for a much easier and cleaner use of the polisher.