PDA

View Full Version : Clear Bra swirl marks

tomv
10-14-2006, 06:39 PM
got clear bra installed today and overall I am very impressed with the look of the product, one problem though, the clear bra installed on the hood has some fine swirl marks in it from the installer rubbing it out with the squeege, he also left a few on my paint above the clear bra line that can be seen in sun light. My question: has anyone removed swirl marks from the 3m clearbra product and if so what do you use?

BmW745On19's
10-14-2006, 06:52 PM
This is the exact reason why clearbra sucks so much, it doesnt do its job and it swirls like HELL. Being an Acrylic, there is no solution to remove swirls, this is the exact reason why the black 5G ipods had apple being sued back to the stone age, they scratched wayy easy and couldn't be polished. Sorry, if anyone has a suggestion please feel free to inform me.

tomv
10-16-2006, 05:54 PM
OK, I guess I'll answer my own question. :) I found a detailer website that recommended a product called Plexus for sealing and removing scratchs and swirls from plastic car parts, including clear bra, however I have not used it and cannot recommend it but I plan on giving it a try. Hope this helps someone, thanks.

Tampa335i
10-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Plexus will work. You should also be able to use the smae products you would to remove swirls in your paint. The 3M product has a clear coat on it and can be treated just like your paint.

I have had 3M on multiple vehicles with no issues. It looks like your installer was not careful.

Hopefulle some polish or light swirl remover will fix your problem.

dboy11
10-18-2006, 01:20 PM
A chemical based polish will remove the scratches from plastic...I like Poorboys World but there are plenty on the market...some elbow grease is also in order

look for his pro-polish here if you are interested...its also good on paint, glass, plastic and all sorts of car related stuff

http://www.poorboysworld.com