PDA

View Full Version : Tire dressing question

DRWWE
10-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I have been using Wolfgang tire dressing for a couple of years and really like the way my tires look. Apply it, wait a couple of hours, then whipe off the excess with a paper towel until it feels dry. I never noticed any fly-off with my silver or grey cars.

Now I have an alpine white car and really notice some spray on the wheel wells and the sides of the car after the first drive which I have to take off with Speed Shine.

Is there a brand of good quality tire dressing that is less likely to fly off? I hate all those little black spots on my nice clean finish.

Opinions???

:dunno:

stream
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
303 Protectant is great. I've been using it for nearly 20 years. Nice, matte finish, lasts several washings, no splatter. Performanceproducts.com sells it.

Excitmnt94
10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
i like meguiars high gloss endurance tire gel...lasts a long time as well...just wipe off after application and it has virtually no "fly off"

r6girl
10-26-2006, 02:45 PM
i like meguiars high gloss endurance tire gel...lasts a long time as well...just wipe off after application and it has virtually no "fly off"

i second that - i use the same stuff and it's great. :thumbup:

BrAdam's
10-26-2006, 04:17 PM
I would Recommend Adam's V.R.T. Adam***8217;s (Vinyl, Rubber, & Tire) is a water-based dressing and contains no harmful solvents, silicone or alcohol and has a nice satin finish that make your tires look new, not oily. It is a thick moisturizing cream that applies easily with a sponge and will not leave a greasy film, attract dirt, turn tires or trim white or brown, harm paint or glass and most importantly will not "fling off" down the side of your car or wheel wells. V.R.T. has added U.V. protection (SPF 30), that keeps vehicle interiors and exteriors looking and feeling like new.

Here is a Streaming Video of how it is used:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/vrt.cfm

110% Guaranteed
Good Luck!!

Brad

Boxboss
10-26-2006, 07:18 PM
303 Protectant is great. I've been using it for nearly 20 years. Nice, matte finish, lasts several washings, no splatter. Performanceproducts.com sells it.+1

TOGWT
10-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Tyre Cleaner:
For any type of protect ant to work well on rubber first remove any brake dust, road tar, grease and grime, wax and dead rubber from the surface to properly clean it. 3M Tire and Wheel cleaner quickly and safely clean the rubber tyres and helps tyre dressing and / or UVR protection (303***8482; Aerospace Protectant) durability. .
Leaving tyres rubber surfaces with a brilliant shine, cleaning the toughest scuffs and soil from sidewalls

Cleaning Tyres:
Rinse thoroughly with a fairly strong stream of clean water to remove any loose road dirt etc., from tyre***8217;s and wheel wells.
Clean tyres with a rubber cleaner (3M Tire & Wheel Cleaner -39036) or a citrus-based APC (P21S Total Auto Wash) Spray cleaner on to a clean surface, agitate with a stiff tyre brush
Rinse and apply a tyre dressing, use a water-based polymer tyre dressing (Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss***8482;)
Apply a (UVR) protection to the tyres (303***8482; Aerospace Protectant).

Tyre Dressings:
a)Water based dressings- (usually a milky-white liquid) does not contain silicone oils, petroleum distillates, waxes, or solvents that can harm rubber and / or vinyl over time. Most water-based dressings use a combination of natural oils and polymers to offer a non-greasy, satin finish. Most of these products also contain UV blocking agents to help keep tires from cracking, fading and hardening. Most, if not all water-based dressings are biodegradable, whereas silicone is not. (Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss***8482;, also contains UV Radiation protection)

b)Silicone-based dressings- (usually a clear greasy liquid) that do not contain UV radiation protection and contain petroleum distillates as a cleaning agent. The difference is in the carrier system used. Solvent based products use a hydrocarbon solvent to suspend the product. When you apply it, the solvent evaporates leaving the dressing's active ingredients (Silicone oil) behind; this type of silicone is also not biodegradable. (Eagle One***174; Tire Shine Spray & Gel)

c)Application- spray a little dressing on sponge/applicator, spread evenly across the tyre surface, remove excess dressing and allow to dry before using the vehicle, if you prefer a matt finish wipe tyre with a cloth

DRWWE
10-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go try 303 since I already use it on my interior vinyl.