PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance of white paint

Locksmythe
11-01-2006, 09:58 PM
So I am ordering a new car shortly (tomorrow?), and leaning toward Alpine White, but want to know what I am getting myself into as far as required maintenance of the paint job. Is it unusually difficult to maintain? Is it even possible to get the mirror-like finish that a well-detailed, dark-colored car offers?

Thanks!

TOGWT
11-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Q- “…Alpine White, but want to know what I am getting myself into as far as required maintenance of the paint job. Is it unusually difficult to maintain?
A- Much easier than a darker colour as it doesn’t show surface marring / scratches easily, other than that detail as normal (although I would recommend using a paint cleaner that contains a non-aggressive solvent (Zaino PC™ Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover or Klasse All-In-One) on a fairly regular basis to maintain the colour as white tends to look grey if you allow dirt to become ingrained.

Q “Is it even possible to get the mirror-like finish that a well-detailed, dark-coloured car offers?
A – White reflects light without absorbing it and therefore cannot show ‘depth’ of colour as well as darker colours.

Suggested Product for white paint Zaino Z2PRO™ Werkstatt, Klasse SG and/ or P21S / S100 Carnauba Paste Wax

Locksmythe
11-02-2006, 06:57 AM
If I am using AIO on a regular basis, as opposed to a twice a year waxing, wouldn't I then have to reapply paint protectors every time I clean it?

TOGWT
11-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Klasse All-In-One Polish (Car-Lack) is an acrylic polymer resin that also contains lots of very fine abrasives, in the form of a polishing chalk ("polierkreide" in German) that will remove very sleight surface marring, it also contains a chemical (solvent) cleaner that removes imbedded dirt, light oxidation, which occurs when paint loses it’s natural oils, tree sap, road film and old wax plus it provides an tough acrylic protection. The foundation of the Klasse line this is a true one-step product. It cleans polishes and protects in one easy step. All-in-one is the first component of a two-part system; by adding the SG to the base coat of AIO it enhances protection, durability and the paints appearance.

Excitmnt94
11-02-2006, 08:52 AM
with a white car you might also need to clay bar it every once in a while to get the little specs of junk stuck onto the clearcoat. on our white audi i used to clay it about every 4 months and follow with some cleaner/polish and then a good wax/sealant

Locksmythe
11-06-2006, 04:23 PM
So many subscribe to frequent use of AIO, but it contains abrasives. Why would I want to use that for routine hand cleaning if my car doesn't currently have any blemishes?
Wouldn't AIO actually contribute fine scratches?

I several say they prefer Zaino on light colors anyway. Which of their products would one want to use on white, and how often?

TOGWT
11-07-2006, 02:35 AM
So many subscribe to frequent use of AIO, but it contains abrasives. Why would I want to use that for routine hand cleaning if my car doesn't currently have any blemishes?
Wouldn't AIO actually contribute fine scratches?

I several say they prefer Zaino on light colors anyway. Which of their products would one want to use on white, and how often?

AIO is considered to be a 'chemical cleaner' as opposed to an abrasive i.e.
Klasee
All-In-One ***8211; 1/10

Clay Magic
Fine (Blue) - 1/10
Medium (Red) - 2/10

(Average polish 4/10)

On an abrasive scale of 10