PDA

View Full Version : Wax marks on my black trim- HELP!

markbhoward
11-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Peanut butter seems to have done the trick. Is it a permanant fix or just until it gets wet again? How can this be prevented?

silverstar
11-02-2006, 06:21 PM
We have been using Meguiar's Professional #39 Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner. Comes in a 16oz pump and costs about $7.00. Does not hurt the paint and in our experience, the wax residue comes off for good. If it has been baked on the car for some time, you may have to re-apply a second time. We use it with a soft detail brush (about the size of a large tooth brush. #39 is not always easy to find. We buy it from First Place Auto LLC on the web. Their web site is www.firstplaceauto********

They also sell RaggTopp which is handy. We follow up the cleaning of #39 with the RaggTopp vinyl protectant. We like it on the outside of the car because it doesn't contain silicone that can streak down if the car gets wet but it does give UV protection.

You may find #39 other places on the web or right from Meguiars. Choose your favorite place to shop.

That's my .02 cents for what it's worth.

dboy11
11-03-2006, 10:21 AM
The peanut oil is what is taking off the wax and its not a quick fix...if you are looking for something that will take it off and condition the trim at the same time

poorboys world trim restore its the one that I use on my details

one way to get around the wax problem is get some blue painters tape and mask off the trim before you wax....

http://www.poorboysworld.com

heimycvg
11-03-2006, 12:00 PM
try WD40 and a toothbrush