PDA

View Full Version : Great Board! Found me a new hangout.

Sean
12-22-2001, 12:01 PM
///

AF
12-22-2001, 02:12 PM
Hey Sean - I just found this board yesterday.

I like it !!! Are you posting on the New Audi A4 forum over at Audiworld or just lurking ?

Enjoy and glad you found it

planet
12-22-2001, 02:13 PM
The software is cool. Although I think there needs to be a test board, because I'm only guessing what my sig will look like... :-)

SteveT
12-22-2001, 02:44 PM
I'm new also just trying to figure this out. First time I've seen it. Been lurking for a bit, but time to join in. Just found the preview button.

http://www.mindspring.com/~steve.tenney/rkside_sm.jpg

The HACK
12-22-2001, 04:52 PM
http://www.studio2321.com/carstuff/temp/aerokit_side.jpg

SteveT
12-22-2001, 05:43 PM
Looks nice, of course I'm partial. I saw you on that other board, but they won't let me post there. Don't know why. Sounds like they offer a version of the aero package and some other things to make up the Club Sport in Europe. I like the look the package creates.

Alex Baumann
12-22-2001, 05:48 PM
What, they don't let you post cuz you have an aero package? Did you have to apologize too that you own a BMW?

*shakes head*

SteveT
12-22-2001, 06:07 PM
This has happened periodically. I've got a DSL connection and they don't seem to like people from my ISP (mindspring), I guess. I've filed a complaint before and they straighten it out, but I just hit the skids again so I'm out. We'll see what they say when they respond to my reply. It sure is frustrating to put together a post and then get the dump. Seems much better here.

Maybe it is because a have the aero kit...you might have a point!

planet
12-22-2001, 06:18 PM
Indeed. I'm on Pac Bell, and for about 5 days, I couldn't post from home, but I could from work. Just about everyone who posts there has some story like this. It's not worth it. I hope the exodus doesn't overwhelm this site.

DrBimmer
12-22-2001, 07:12 PM
Nice car! How do you like the 2002? I think its pretty nice. I am debating getting one next summer to replace the 2000. Have you driven a 2000 or a 2001 before your 2002? Is the steering actually different and has the suspension been "tweeked", or is that all marketing hype? In other words, did they actually make any changes to make it more fun to drive?

planet
12-22-2001, 08:02 PM
I've briefly driven a 2000 328, and I take it as no surprise that I like the 2002 better, if only viscerally. The 328 is pretty close in power, but there are definite improvements in the 330. The engine oomph has increased noticibly, in my opinion.

As far as changes specific to the 2002... I couldn't say, as I haven't driven the 328 or any previous E46 long enough to gather strong enough impressions to give detailed differences.

Alas.

ashecnc
12-22-2001, 08:13 PM
I can tell you I LOVE my 328 Ci, esp the steering. While my car was being worked on for 7 days, the dealer gave me a 2001 325i loaner. When I started driving I thought, boy this steers different. Well, all I can say, when I got back into my 328Ci, the steering was SO much better heavier in mine than the 325i I could not believe it. But I think they fixed this on the 2002. I still can't believe how much different it was, words can't describe!

Sean
12-22-2001, 10:43 PM
@ AudiWorld. What about you?

AF
12-23-2001, 08:49 AM
Yes I am posting at Audiworld under: Alan927

If you check it out, you'll see I posted a pic of my bimmer there.

I'm thinking of getting the new A4 as my next car but am going to wait until the 2003 model before I actually do any real car shopping.

For now, I'll take a test drive here & there and start lurking other forums from time to time.

What name are you posting under at Audiworld ?

ashecnc
12-23-2001, 10:07 AM
are you getting rid of your bimmer? :rolleyes:

AF
12-23-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by CCs328Ci
are you getting rid of your bimmer? :rolleyes:

Eventually . . . I am planning on keeping it another year than trading it in for something new.

I love cars and to me planning your next car is half the fun of getting one.

But then again, who knows because I will most likely be getting rid of our Honda Odyssey next year also and get the wife a sedan.

AF
12-23-2001, 01:05 PM
Quick update for anyone following this thread.

I just test drove the new A4 3.0 and all I can say is DAMN BMW for doing this to me.

I can't quite explain it but it just doesn't feel as good in my hands as my bimmer.

Too bad because for $38k it makes a nice car . . .

Imola Ed
12-23-2001, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by SteveT
This has happened periodically. I've got a DSL connection and they don't seem to like people from my ISP (mindspring), I guess. I've filed a complaint before and they straighten it out, but I just hit the skids again so I'm out. We'll see what they say when they respond to my reply. It sure is frustrating to put together a post and then get the dump. Seems much better here.

I've had the same experience. You'd think that Earthlink/Mindspring, being one of the biggest ISPs shouldn't have a problem. It's really annoying not being able to post from home :mad:

Alex Baumann
12-23-2001, 02:03 PM
@Alan F

was that with an automatic transmission that you test drove?

AF
12-23-2001, 03:52 PM
Yes Alex it was the Automatic (tiptronic) quattro. I gotta say AUdi got sport and full put a sport mode in like we have on the steptronic.

The main thing I didn't like about it was the console came out too much making me feel like I was too enclosed in.

To beter explain, later on I will post a new thread telling the differences I found during my test drive. But to sum it up, I how our cars aree a little roomier and faster.

ashecnc
12-23-2001, 04:47 PM
Yea, I'll prob keep mine anohter year and a half, who knows what next. Maybe another one :)