PDA

View Full Version : crap on windshield!!! dammit!

black99bimmer
11-15-2006, 05:26 PM
new blades, i scrubbed and scrubbed, but in the rain all i see is blurry traffic cause something is on my windshield that i cant get off!!! any ideas?:mad:

BmW745On19's
11-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Clay bar might help.

Monty1234
11-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Rain X is a very powerful deep penetrating cleaner for Glass, It has remover all water spots for me! and can be bought a most any car parts store, Yellow bottle.

black99bimmer
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
i have a bottle sittin on my floorboard that i just bought 2 days ago, i will give that a try. thanks guys!!!!!!!

Alex Baumann
11-16-2006, 05:35 AM
Put your hand in a plastic sandwich bag and run your fingertips slightly over the surface to locate the contamination. Then use a glass polish on the spot. Follow with a strong cleaner.

stream
11-16-2006, 09:19 AM
I've used Groit's Garage fine glass polish in the past to remove water spots from the windshield:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11017

dboy11
11-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Put your hand in a plastic sandwich bag and run your fingertips slightly over the surface to locate the contamination. Then use a glass polish on the spot. Follow with a strong cleaner.

This is a great trick and what I like to use as a cleaner is white wine vinegar mixed 50/50 with water...soak a rag and let set on the windshield spread out for a few minutes then wash of with soapy water that should take any crap off the window...a good chemical polish is what I would follow up with or glass polish that's a chemical polish

Eviil30
11-16-2006, 12:22 PM
i use a cleaner made by "stoner" i think its called invisible glass, works great! although i dont do it myself, i'm constantly hearing people boast about how great newspaper is in instead of regular paper towels

BmW745On19's
11-16-2006, 12:31 PM
i use a cleaner made by "stoner" i think its called invisible glass, works great! although i dont do it myself, i'm constantly hearing people boast about how great newspaper is in instead of regular paper towels

Microfiber towels blows Newspaper out of the water in terms of streak free ness.

Kablemodem
11-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Denatured alcohol is the best for getting stuff off glass.

Boxboss
11-17-2006, 04:42 PM
i use a cleaner made by "stoner" i think its called invisible glass, works great! although i dont do it myself, i'm constantly hearing people boast about how great newspaper is in instead of regular paper towelsStoner's Invisible Glass is a great glass cleaning product. Seems like I've heard of using Klasse AIO on glass - I haven't done it - but it does make sense. It is a chemical cleaner that should remove the same crap from windows as paint.

TOGWT
11-18-2006, 03:44 AM
This glass cleaner (Glass Scrub***8482;) removes insect smear, road oils, mineral deposits, lime scale, tree sap and more. A heavy-duty, cream cleanser that deep cleans auto glass safely and effectively without strong acids, alkalis, phosphates or solvents. It is specifically formulated to clean glass without scratching. The best time to use Glass Scrub is after you've washed the car but before you dry it. The glass must still be wet. I apply a small amount of product on a folded Glass Cleaning Cloth rubbing the glass in circular motions making sure to apply to all areas thoroughly. Flip the cloth to a clean dry surface and rub again. http://properautocare.com

(DP High Performance Glass Restorer)This thick citrus-based cream safely pulls contaminants out of the glass, including alkaline mineral deposits, and then smoothes out etched glass www.autogeek.org

{