PDA

View Full Version : car made a weird beeping noise.. while going fast?

DINANISR3
12-19-2002, 06:16 AM
i went for a drive with my friend at 3 am.. we went out to the desert.. and its wide open.. no cars wut so ever not even 1.. my friend wanted me to top out.. so on the first run.. i hit 150mph.. no problem.. like an hour later.. i hit 145.. on the way to that speed.. once i hit 120.. i heard a faint beeping noise.. as i went faster the beep got louder.. i dunt know if its a warning beep.. saying im going to fast.. or wut... just wondering if any of you guys know or have experienced that beeping noise.. never happened b4.. i thought it was the radar.. but it wasnt? any info please help.. thanks

:dunno:

Guest84
12-19-2002, 07:17 AM
How cold was it outside? ;)

bluer1
12-19-2002, 07:20 AM
what were you in?

DINANISR3
12-19-2002, 07:28 AM
it was pretty cold.. like 35-40 degrees.. but it didnt start beeping until after 120.. i hit.. top once b4 that night.. and nothing.. second time.. beeping.. other times before nothing.. but as soon as i let of the gas.. took it out of gear and slammed the brakes.. the noise stopped.. :dunno: i have no idea wut this sound was.. and i dont want to try it again.. all i know is.. that after 120.. as i went faster the beeping got louder forsure.. i thought i was paranoid. but my buddy heard it.. and we reviewed the video we shot..weird.. do u guys think if i show that video to my service advisor they will consider that abusing the car? i didnt even redline in 4th.. i shifted at 7000... and i dont want to get caught for doing 100+.. i was in a 2001 s54 M roadster.. thanks guys.. your input helps.. :thumbup:

Mr. The Edge
12-19-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by DINANISR3
it was pretty cold.. like 35-40 degrees.. but it didnt start beeping until after 120.. i hit.. top once b4 that night.. and nothing.. second time.. beeping.. other times before nothing.. but as soon as i let of the gas.. took it out of gear and slammed the brakes.. the noise stopped.. :dunno: i have no idea wut this sound was.. and i dont want to try it again.. all i know is.. that after 120.. as i went faster the beeping got louder forsure.. i thought i was paranoid. but my buddy heard it.. and we reviewed the video we shot..weird.. do u guys think if i show that video to my service advisor they will consider that abusing the car? i didnt even redline in 4th.. i shifted at 7000... and i dont want to get caught for doing 100+.. i was in a 2001 s54 M roadster.. thanks guys.. your input helps.. :thumbup:
well....I don know....coulda been temp warning...mebbe speed warning...dunno...this one time...I was goin real fast...dunno how fast...but I never heard a beep...not sure wut would cause it..

bluer1
12-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Not sure about those...

The old E36 M's OBC had a max speed function. You'd set the
speed and once you crossed the threshold, the car would
beep like that. There was a "SPEED" button on the OBC.

That's what I was thinking.
:dunno:

Unless, of course, it's a Japanese spec. model - then they all
beep when you cross 100kph.
:(