PDA

View Full Version : M3 Clank clank clank Part II

Stuka
12-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Well, we now know that Toadfly is good for something.:p

http://forums.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/forum.php?postid=817858&page=1

6 year 100K extended warranty, eh? I wonder how many more engines will blow in my car?:bigpimp:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

Guest84
12-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Yeah, but are you gonna follow procedures by the book? :lmao:

Please do not overrev the engine under any circumstances. Be careful not to pump the accelerator pedal when there is no engine load, e.g. when the vehicle is not in motion. The best, most efficient and safest way to warm up an engine is to drive with moderate engine speeds until you reach the operating temperature.

Stuka
12-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Yeah, but are you gonna follow procedures by the book? :lmao:

I probably have the healthiest and strongest S54 engine before it died.:bigpimp: Unlike most everyone who follows the idiot warmup lights, I go by the oil temp gague. That means, you can't rev the car past 4000rpm until after about 10 minutes of this slow poke driving in the morning.

Yep, it takes about 10 minutes of max 4000rpm gentle driving for the oil to get to be around 180 to 210. 10 focking minutes. I would have loved to launched into the freeway from the onramp in the morning, but in the interest of my engine, I don't.:angel:

As for revving the engine, I never get anything out of doing that.:dunno: Remember, I get my yayas driving the car sideways.:bigpimp:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

Raffi
12-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Amazingly enough, I have to couch for the fact that Stuka is careful with his engine! :D His driving manners, on the other hand.... :rolleyes: :tsk: :rolleyes: :tsk:

:angel:

Guest84
12-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Stuka
I probably have the healthiest and strongest S54 engine before it died.:bigpimp: Unlike most everyone who follows the idiot warmup lights, I go by the oil temp gague. That means, you can't rev the car past 4000rpm until after about 10 minutes of this slow poke driving in the morning.

Yep, it takes about 10 minutes of max 4000rpm gentle driving for the oil to get to be around 180 to 210. 10 focking minutes. I would have loved to launched into the freeway from the onramp in the morning, but in the interest of my engine, I don't.:angel:

As for revving the engine, I never get anything out of doing that.:dunno: Remember, I get my yayas driving the car sideways.:bigpimp:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

:thumbup: As long as you're not going sideways in traffic or near my kids, its fine with me!

M3Inline6
12-19-2002, 03:07 PM
I just spoke w/ Seth from BMWNA, and he said he has heard info re: this issue for extended warranty on powertrain, but gave no definite answer. He's supposed to f/u w/ me later today to verify. He did say it'd be VIN specific though. Whenever I hear back, I'll let the board know.

DINANISR3
12-19-2002, 07:02 PM
Be careful not to pump the accelerator pedal when there is no engine load, e.g. when the vehicle is not in motion.

does that mean.. not to rev the engine.. like when in neutral?

Matthew330Ci
12-19-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by DINANISR3
Be careful not to pump the accelerator pedal when there is no engine load, e.g. when the vehicle is not in motion.

does that mean.. not to rev the engine.. like when in neutral?

yes

JPinTO
12-20-2002, 09:42 AM
Wow... you mean I shouldn't bounce my engine off the rev limiter at all red lights? :yikes:

The HACK
12-20-2002, 09:53 AM
Went to pick up some parts at my favorite counter yesterday and was chatting with the head client service advisor about it as he was checking his messages, and saw the memo from BMWNA re: the warranty pop up as one of his email.

Being the "polite" type I did not ask him for a copy of it.

M3Inline6
12-20-2002, 02:27 PM
Fellas it is confirmed!! =) Picked up my M3....with.....the 6yr/100,000 warranty on my M3. It is confirmed. And what makes this day even better is, I got hooked up w/ Lojack and the CD changer for little or nothing. Whoa!:yikes:

yes, pics coming soon! :D

Raffi
12-20-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by The HACK

Being the "polite" type I did not ask him for a copy of it.

Yeah right... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :angel: