PDA

View Full Version : Do Langfa scratch repairs work?

LasVegasPhil
12-09-2006, 11:44 PM
Someone keyed the drivers door on my '06 Z4 3.0i all the way down to the bare metal.
Argh.

I saw the Langfa website and how it works by letting the paint blob and then rubbing it down level, with their solvant.

Does anyone know if it does what it says?

Thanks,
lasvegasphil

AB
12-10-2006, 02:45 AM
Sorry to hear about that man.

Where did this happen? (so I can avoid that area) :eeps:

rad21
12-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Someone keyed the drivers door on my '06 Z4 3.0i all the way down to the bare metal.
Argh.

I saw the Langfa website and how it works by letting the paint blob and then rubbing it down level, with their solvant.

Does anyone know if it does what it says?

Thanks,
lasvegasphil

Langka works but I would recommend it for small paint chips not long key scratches.

LasVegasPhil
12-11-2006, 12:27 AM
I was heading into a hearing at Family Court. I think another car thought they should have the space, but they were well past it, with no back-up lights on.

I saw them back up after I got in, but didn't connect it to them being angry. They didn't say anything but I suspect it was them.

Thanks,
lasvegasphil

TOGWT
12-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Sorry to hear that-but a surface scratch that will `catch' your fingernail is approximately 0.004" deep and will usually require wet sanding and refinishing.

DRWWE
12-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Langka is a great product and works but it takes some practice. Follow the directions. Chips are much easier to work on than scratches. I used it several times on my previous car and, although far from perfect it made it much better than I would have achieved just using touch-up paint.

dboy11
12-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Langka is a great product but for small rock chips and the likes of that...however on a keyed car that is a pro-level job IMO...I would call your local dealership and ask the service manager who they use for this type of thing, a real good chance that they have a mobile person...the two things that I see as a problem in doing yourself is if you have metallic paint that is real hard to match and something that is long and deep to the metal, is going to require some wet sanding and your BMW is not the place to practice