PDA

View Full Version : Q: California Car Duster? Plus glass cleaner tip

Mr. E
01-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Hey guys, my Topaz 325ci is the first dark car I've ever owned (always had white), and I'm amazed at how dirty and dusty it looks only a week after washing. :cry:

I'm really tempted to try the California Car Duster combined with the Meguiar's Final Inspection to cut my car washing down to once every three weeks or so, but I want to make sure others with darker finishes have tried it and can assure me that it won't scratch my paint. :eek: Anyone care to share experiences with it?

I'd also like to share with you guys the absolute best glass cleaner I've ever tried: Sprayway Glass Cleaner. It cleans to a crystal clear surface, with no streaking at all. I've even started using it on my eyeglasses because it works so much better than the old spray-on stuff I used to use. I was even thinking about getting their new pre-moistened wipes to clean my glasses.

These guys seem to have a great price on the Sprayway stuff:
Precision Reloading (http://www.precisionreloading.com/sprayway.htm)

http://www.precisionreloading.com/images/Gs19.jpg

in_d_haus
01-25-2002, 07:24 PM
I use the duster daily in the summer and on dry winter days. I can't notice any scratches. I go in linear motion in the direction of the airflow (like washing the car) Also, don't push!! Just let the tips touch the surface. They are wonderful!

That glass cleaner is very good. Not easy to find though.
A friend of mine "borrows it" from his work.

I use Griots glass cleaner (I buy it in the gallon size) they are just up the road from me (more or less)

Mr. E
01-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
I use the duster daily in the summer and on dry winter days. I can't notice any scratches. I go in linear motion in the direction of the airflow (like washing the car) Also, don't push!! Just let the tips touch the surface. They are wonderful!Thanks in_d_hous. It sure sounds like a lifesaver. I'll pick one up and let you know how it works for me. Did you get one of their dash dusters too?

Guest84
01-28-2002, 11:09 AM
I use the duster daily in the summer and on dry winter days. I can't notice any scratches. I go in linear motion in the direction of the airflow (like washing the car) Also, don't push!! Just let the tips touch the surface. They are wonderful!

Same as Haus said here.

in_d_haus
01-28-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr. E
Thanks in_d_hous. It sure sounds like a lifesaver. I'll pick one up and let you know how it works for me. Did you get one of their dash dusters too?

I got Griots "Microfibre Mitts" for the dash, LOVE IT!!!

Mr. E
01-28-2002, 02:23 PM

I got Griots "Microfibre Mitts" for the dash, LOVE IT!!! Sounds like another good tip, I'll give it a try. I picked up some of the Pledge dusting cloth refills (basically the same as Swiffer disposable dust cloths, but less expensive). They really work wonders picking up the dust in hard to reach places, but they're hard to "sweep" with across the dash.

Mr. E
02-04-2002, 08:59 AM
Guys, thanks for the California Car Duster info. I picked one up and it's awesome! It'll definitely help me keep my car looking its best between washes. :thumb:

Guest84
02-04-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mr. E
Guys, thanks for the California Car Duster info. I picked one up and it's awesome! It'll definitely help me keep my car looking its best between washes. :thumb:

Great! "A clean Bimmer is a happy Bimmer owner" :)