PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - firestone scratched my wheels and now won't replace--->

Bill97Z
12-23-2002, 06:46 AM
I had a tire mounted (nail in tire) at firestone and they scratched 2 of my wheels really bad (tech used wrong machine for 17" low profile wheels / tires). The manager agreed to replace the 2 wheels. I went in today and it turns out he ordered remanufactured wheels from beckers), and were worse looking than the ones on my car. THey were not scratched but the paint job on them was horrible (streaky brush marks,etc). I said I wanted 2 new wheels and he said the wheels on the car were not new so he is replacing what I had with something equal. (my rims are mint!!) We fought it out, and basically I told him if he can get me one new wheel I will suck up the other one (maybe put it in the truck as a spare). What do u think? Anyone have any suggestions?

Skybum
12-23-2002, 07:31 AM
Bump it up. Talk to the region manager, or corporate hq, picket in front of the shop, talk to a lawyer etc.

JT - '02 330i
12-23-2002, 07:41 AM
I think you agreed to too much. Are your rims factory? If so, he needs to step up and pay for factory rims.

It's a replace to pre-damaged condition. As noted earlier, step it up.

Explain that you've got this relative, who always is willing to work pro-bono on family issues, and you'd greatly wish not to have to spend their and your time over a small issue like this.

Firm but pleasant...

Razzmatazz
12-23-2002, 07:42 AM
:mad:

I like the picket line idea the best.:lmao:

Another suggestion. Never never never take a 40k BMW into a firestone or other tire/wheel chop shop. What were you thinking?
What kind of tires come from a firestone shop that belong on a BMW in the first place?

Another suggestion. Buy from Tire rack.

Another suggestion. Mount and balance at a high end wheel/tire shop.

Another suggestion. Park the car and send the wheels out for refinishing.

Another suggestion. Picket in the nude.

:mad: Razzmatazz

ff
12-23-2002, 08:28 AM
Have him give you the cash for the one new wheel, and then buy my set of M68's which are in mint condition. $800 takes the set. :D

Bill97Z
12-23-2002, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys. I had a nail in the tire on a sunday morning and no other place was open. THey had the special machine with plastic parts to handle those wheels but the tech was new and used the other one for normal wheels.

I am writing a letter now to the President and Chief Legal Counsel of Firestone (American Tire & Service Division. The refinished wheels he tried to give me looked horrible....had paint streaks all over the place....unacceptible!! He feels the wheels are used (even though they are mint) and don't deserve a new replacement. One of the wheels that was damaged was the BRAND NEW spare too!

Anyhow, I will keep you posted.

BTW that firestone carries bridgestone tires.......our beloved S-03's! haha

Artslinger
12-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Nothing wrong with Firestone they sell Bridgestone's... damn nice tires. Firestone mounts and sells performance tires and should be held responsible for damaging your rims. Don't give in... complain to corporate you deserve new factory replacement rims.

Skybum
12-23-2002, 09:47 AM
Writing the letter is fine but you will get a very slow response. In addition, talk to the manager again and ask to speak with the region/division manager. Call in to their customer service line too.

Raffi
12-23-2002, 12:56 PM
File and serve a Small Claims case, that will get their attention.

Matthew330Ci
12-23-2002, 02:35 PM
well, at least they admitted they scratched it.

most places will just :dunno: and say 'it was already like that'. :mad: :mad: :mad:

vern
12-23-2002, 03:46 PM
I had my flat fixed by a BMW center (JMK)A while ago and they also damaged my rim. When I pointed it out to them they said no problem and ordered me a new rim,no hassle at all.THe point being when ever you can, get your work done at a BMW center.(Ok guys flame away).
Good luck
vern

AF
12-24-2002, 08:20 AM
When I had the tires replaced on my 01 330Ci, they scratched the wheels or maybe I should indented them. It seems these machines indent the BMW's wheels very easily sine they have a painted finish.

I lived with it because the indents were nothing compared to the road rash they had ;)

JT - '02 330i
12-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Matthew330CiM
well, at least they admitted they scratched it.

most places will just :dunno: and say 'it was already like that'. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Which is exactly why, I take my digital camera and snap a photo of all my wheels while IN their parking lot before the car goes up on the lift. Are the wheels damaged? Just look at the picture. protects me and the shop.

WRS
12-24-2002, 03:20 PM
A call to the BBB usually gets thing moving as well!