PDA

View Full Version : HK Radio, wiring, anyone know how to...

JT - '02 330i
12-23-2002, 07:47 AM
Rather than spend the extra $250+ for the BMW bluetooth car kit (which may not be easily obtained in the US as well.) I'm going to put in the Parrot CK3000 in my car.

Problem though, it wants to use the in car radio speakers as the speakers for the carkit. The install is setup as a passthrough with the ISO connector on the radio. Problem BMW doesn't use an ISO connector.

So... The question of the day is (after reading the wiring diagrams):

Where would be the most effective point to patch into my existing harness? Is it at the back of the radio, or next to the amp in the trunk?

I tried to look at the diagrams and it appears that the radio passes it's signal to the amp, and then it looks like the output goes back to the radio.

Anyone had to do something similar?

Kaz
12-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Why don't you use the cellphone speaker that's under the steering column? There's a small 8ohm speaker down there that you can tap into from the white connector under the cupholders.

SilverBmw
12-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Look for the twisted pair of black and yellow (?) wires in the wiring harness under the cupholders. I found wiring diagrams off of bmwwireless.com and if i can recall black is + and yellow is -. I wired my Streetpilot III into it and it works great.

Good luck,

SilverBmw