PDA

View Full Version : Parking Distance Control .... learned the hard way.

duke330ci
12-23-2002, 03:10 PM
WAAAHHHH!!!! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Anybody who is on the fence on whether or not to get PDC... GET IT!!!

It's worth every penny (35,000 pennies msrp for e46)!

I have it as an option on my ordered 330Ci but...unfortunately, I don't have it on my '99 4Runner.

Last night, I backed into a tree ( I could have sworn it wasn't there before ;) ). BAM! $1100 to repair the damage wihch was minimal considering I hit a part of the tailgate that didn't break any plastics and mechanical parts of the window. PDC option is only a third of the cost to repair, and bimmer repairs are surely more expensive in the body shop.

I'm an idiot for hitting an immovable object, but still, sh_t happens. I'm just pretty sure that park distance control would have saved my ass - and my 4Runner's ass, too.

david.

Cliff
12-23-2002, 03:19 PM
Yep, I figured the same thing when I ordered mine. 4Runner bumpers are expensive too -- back when the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety published ratings for repair costs, they rated the truck as poor on this score.

<--former 99 4Runner owner

CascadeTelcom
12-24-2002, 04:02 PM
I only wish BMW offered it on the front end of the 3 series vehicles. My PDC unit saved my rear when I almost backed into a wagon approaching my driveway with a child at the controls.:thumbup: