PDA

View Full Version : I know what Mrs. TD got him for Christmas!

nate
12-24-2002, 09:34 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=1875330298

:D

TD
12-24-2002, 10:26 AM
:yikes:

Raffi
12-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by nate328Ci
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=1875330298

:D

BLING BLING BLING! :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Emission
12-24-2002, 11:57 AM
I saw those at the SEMA show.

I can't figure out how those poor LED's survive surrounding the exhaust. Apparently, they don't last long as the advertising says "...these LED lights will not get burnt out as easily as the others found on the market." The key words must be "as easily."

Oh yeah, they looked as lame as the LED valve caps...

doeboy
12-24-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Emission
I saw those at the SEMA show.

I can't figure out how those poor LED's survive surrounding the exhaust. Apparently, they don't last long as the advertising says "...these LED lights will not get burnt out as easily as the others found on the market." The key words must be "as easily."

Oh yeah, they looked as lame as the LED valve caps...

I saw some Sentra drivin around with one of those exhaust tips.... nasty... :thumbdwn:

How those LEDs survive the exhaust temps had me thinkin too. :dunno:

Also another car (a Dodge stratus.... otherwise bone stock) with those LED valve caps.... at first I was like "what the??? what's that flashing blue light coming from the wheels?" Thought he had the nasty bling bling strobes in the wheel wells or something.... ugh.... gross... not to mention DISTRACTING Yuck. :thumbdwn:

Emission
12-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by doeboy
"...what's that flashing blue light coming from the wheels?"

I thought BLUE lights were only for cops. Shouldn't those be illegal anyway?

doeboy
12-24-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Emission
I thought BLUE lights were only for cops. Shouldn't those be illegal anyway?

ANY kind of blue lights are illegal AFAIK.... (blue blue... not bluish white like Xenon lights and the like....) I think cops don't really care as long as it's not like BLUE BLUE....

supplementary lights like sidemarkers and stuff I think are allowed to be whatever color (thought they're SUPPOSED to be amber) as long as they are not directly visible form the front or back.... all those rear bumper side markers that are orignally red that people like to make clear are illegal AFAIK....

but you know how it is.... people do it anyway... These were on the valve caps on the guys wheels so it's pretty obvious it's not a cop.... but it still was distracting... yuck.

I even saw this car driving around that had these licence plate bolt lights... they were blue.... from far away I thought it was a cop motorcycle.... but then I thought.... wait a minute.... there's big red tail lights on the left and right of that..... :confused: