PDA

View Full Version : trunk opening by itself

chicagosteve
12-26-2006, 11:55 AM
I just filled up with gas for the first time since redelivery. I turned off my engine, closed the door and filled up with gas. When I was done, just as I was pullling out of the gas station, my car warned me that my trunk was open. I didn't touch the trunk or the open trunk button. I stopped in the closest parking lot and the trunk was physically open, not just unlocked, so I closed it. When I got to my office, I parked, locked the doors with CA, checked the trunk and it was open again. I closed it, then got in the car, closed the door, opened the door, locked, and the trunk was open again. I repeated that a few more times and it remained closed.

This has never happened to me before (in the 2 weeks in europe and 1 week since redelivery), the only thin I can think of is that I used the open trunk button for the first time last night, perhaps that is causing it.

Has anyone experienced this?

furidoman
12-26-2006, 08:40 PM
YES! this has mysteriously happened to me a few times....

i have a 2006 July build 325i...with Comfort Access...

JSpira
12-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Should not be happening.

Is it possible that the button stuck (the in car button)?

Assuming you are not accidentally pushing the key fob, this should be checked. Just because it happens to a few people doesn't mean it is normal.

PhaseP
12-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah, most probably the fob was in your pocket and something was pushing against the trunk release button. Since you say you have CA, all that time it is possible that you didn't take out the fob from your pocket, so it stayed at the same position with some other thing (could be a key) pushing the trunk button. I had once unwillingly rolled down all the windows while refilling air to the tires, some key had pushed the fob's unlock button in my pocket while I was kneeling down.

roundroundel
12-27-2006, 01:17 AM
The key fob in the pocket is likely the culprit.

Quit wearing those tight jeans - they went out of style in the 80's.

eynlai
12-27-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't have CA, but I've gotten 3 "trunk is open" indicator in the last 3 weeks now... With the key/remote IN the slot and while I was driving out of a parking lot. So I doubt it's the "tight jeans" or anything like that. I wonder if it's a bug?

hitters9999
12-27-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't have CA, but I've gotten 3 "trunk is open" indicator in the last 3 weeks now... With the key/remote IN the slot and while I was driving out of a parking lot. So I doubt it's the "tight jeans" or anything like that. I wonder if it's a bug?

Same exact problem here, just started 4 days ago, shortly following my first annual check up/oil change. It has happened 3 times now, really weird...

De_UnKnOwN_1
12-27-2006, 10:02 PM
holy **** the same things happeneing to me..i just had my car in BMW today to get the aux audio put in and the brakes and stuff..

and they checked the trunk and said everything was fine..

when it happens to me i have the key in the ignition, with the car running, which is when i notice the open trunk light.

soo wierd..

kristine's 335i
12-28-2006, 05:15 AM
I had the same thing happen to me on my 2003 525....but I figured out what I was doing to cause it. Now I do not know what kind of "keys" you all have, but on the key for that car when I would turn the key in the ignition, somehow my fingers where pressing the truck button at the same time.

chicagosteve
12-28-2006, 06:34 AM
After all the "key in Pocket" posts, I looked at my key and noticed a small burnished spot on the trunk button, as if something had been rubbing on it. I havent had the problem since my original post, so at this point I'm assuming something was pushing on it in my pocket.