PDA

View Full Version : Who's silver M3 stuck on 495W in MD ?

JLee
12-24-2002, 08:49 PM
I saw a silver M3, with painted moldings and all stranded on 495W in Maryland by the Old Georgetown exit.

Whos car was it ?

Everything ok ?

Jeff

TD
12-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Slightly OT-

I was genuinely surprised at how well my M3 (wearing Bridgestone S-03s) did in the snow tonight.

Gentle inputs and braking well in advance = no problems.

Nick325xiT 5spd
12-24-2002, 09:24 PM
What snow? :p I had to hammer the throttle or slam on the brakes to get anything to happen. :p

·clyde·
12-24-2002, 09:46 PM
I'm missing it.

Last I saw, 8"-16" forecast tomorrow for this part of CT. Our plan was to leave tomorrow afternoon/evening for the drive back. :dunno: But this is precisely why we got the xiT instead of the iT, right?

edit- tomorrow? that would be today...it's late :yikes:

JLee
12-25-2002, 06:18 AM
i know can you believe this right now, sitting out my window looking at pretty heavy snowfall

glad those forecasters forecasted this

jeff

TD
12-25-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by JLee
i know can you believe this right now, sitting out my window looking at pretty heavy snowfall

glad those forecasters forecasted this

jeff

No kidding. WTF?

I'm only online right now to check the forecast.

And NBC4's current forecast is a joke-

"Christmas Day: Moderate to heavy rain in the morning, eventually turning to a mix then briefly changing to snow before tapering off early afternoon. Becoming Windy. In counties north and west of the district, a Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until 3pm. Expect some minor accumulations of mix and snow, especially in the higher terrain. Highs: mid to upper 30s."

We're not all that far north or west and we already have an additional inch over last night.

JLee
12-25-2002, 06:35 AM
i hope your baby is in the garage !

are you around this week and next ?

we should get together and compare M3/4s

jeff

TD
12-25-2002, 06:39 AM
i hope your baby is in the garage !

are you around this week and next ?

we should get together and compare M3/4s

jeff

It is right now but I will have to take it out in about an hour to head up to my parents' chruch and then to their house.

Fortunately both are less than 5 miles from here.

And, yeah, two weekends from now would probably be great. This next weekend I'm pretty solidly booked up with work and family.

LIL RAJA
12-25-2002, 04:04 PM
I saw a silver M3, with painted moldings and all stranded on 495W in Maryland by the Old Georgetown exit.

Whos car was it ?

Everything ok ?

Jeff

umm. a silver m3 r u talking about e36 m3? possibly someone from dtmpower.net board cuz u mentioned the moldings painted.
don't know who it is. what was wrong with it??

:dunno:

JLee
12-25-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by LIL RAJA
what was wrong with it??

:dunno:

dunno, thats why i was posting, wondering what happened myself

jeff