PDA

View Full Version : Wash DC Auto Show

beauport
12-26-2002, 10:42 AM
I just got back from the Wash DC auto show which sure beat going to the malls and all that madness. My overall impresssion is that the automakers must not take the DC show too seriously as there was sort of a lackluster showing by most companies. Yes, of course they had most of their cars there and a few even had some concept cars. What was scary was the interest the public seemed to have in the SUV's, doesn't look like the interest in these has declined one bit. Pontiac is still the front runner with the ugliest vehicle at the show with Cadillac not far behind.
Very disappointing though was the BMW display. Almost an afterthought it seemed. Two Z4's drawing interest but the other cars were not even in good colors or top models. The 325Cic's information showed the price starting at $55,645 until you read further that the car was supposed to be a M3 vert. Unless you have to get to an auto show in DC wait for the NYC or Detroit show.

CD-55
12-26-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by beauport
SNIP

My overall impresssion is that the automakers must not take the DC show too seriously as there was sort of a lackluster showing by most companies.

SNIP

I agree:thumbdwn: