PDA

View Full Version : Thankful this Christmas...

Nbtstatic
12-26-2002, 12:24 PM
Back to the basics, my 330 helped me this christmas, and I'm thankful.

It was the night of the 25th, about 11:00 pm, I was traveling north on I-49 in Louisiana making my way home to Dallas from Baton Rouge. The interstate was completely empty on christmas night, we were cruising along in the dark, it was about 30 degrees out. We were about 100 miles from Shreveport, and almost the same distance from any city behind us, in the middle of nowhere. In the car with me was my fiance' and my 2 year old son, who was sleeping in his carseat in the back. We were just bored to hell, riding along when he started coughing and wheezing horribly. He has croup/asthma and has had attacks before, but always at home, where the doctor or hospital is about 3 minutes away where they can give him a breathing treatment. So here we were in the middle of no where and he was struggling to breath. I pulled over and gave him some albuterol but it didnt help him much, as I pulled back onto the interstate I knew i needed to get us closer to a city with a hospital, so I stepped on it. I sat almost straight up in my seat, flicked on my brights, and brought the dial up to about 125. I-49 is kind of hilly and a little curvy, but the car didnt care....we flew north and made it to shreveport in about 30 minutes, holding 115-125 the entire time, cutting the time in half or more. We made it in they gave him a shot and treatment etc. and he's just fine!

Never could have done this in my other car, or any car I've owned, we really got there fast!
You can strip every luxury away from your car, and what I had that night, was a vehicle that carried me and my family where we needed to go, safely and quickly.

js

SONET
12-26-2002, 01:21 PM
That must have been scary. Glad the little guy is okay! :thumbup:-

--SONET

AF
12-26-2002, 01:52 PM
That is scary as can be !!! I can relate to your story as my 4 1/2 yr old son gets the croup and I've had him at the hospital a few times to get the shots . . .

First of all, nothing is scarier then the croup and then to top it off, your not home where you could put him in the steam and then take him outside in the cool air . . . luckily you made it safely and he is ok . . .

ARCHER
12-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Now that I have children, I can appreciate how frightening that must have been.

Glad to hear the kid is okay and that you made the trip quickly and safely.

I hope I never have to depend on my car for something like that but it is comforting to know I could if needed. They truly are amazing machines.