PDA

View Full Version : Good body/paint shop in NoVA/DC area??

bdo917
12-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Hi all,

Here to solicit some advice and it was suggested I come here to get input from people that are in the know...some dumb lady backed into me at Tysons Mall (so ticked now) and now there is a scratch on my black BMW 330Ci. Personally I don't know jacksh*et about cars and shops in the area but I was hoping some of you all would be able tell me what are good paint & body shops in the area (and which ones to avoid). Any thoughts would be appreciated...I've heard that you have to be careful who you goto b/c if they dun do it right it could look like crap or the paint wouldnt even match the rest of your car.

Also, what kind of things should I be looking for when and asking the paint/body guys? What are the things to watch out for?

Thanks for your help.

CD-55
12-26-2002, 04:40 PM
Wagonworks in Alexandria is UNDISPUTITEDLY the best in the area.

Only draw back is that there is often a 1 or 2 month wait just to get your car in the shop.

Edit: I have taken mine there (totaled 2001 330Ci), so has TD (M3), LIL RAJA (M3), Steve Noe (M3), & others.

bdo917
12-26-2002, 04:44 PM
really? wow...what makes them so great? is it the materials? workmanship? turnaround? service? sorry for my ignorance...i haven't done this before.

bdo917
12-27-2002, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the information. I got an appointment scheduled with Wagonworks now.

Has anyone heard of First Choice? A friend of mine recommended them to me also. I wanted to be able to look at a couple of shops in case Wagonworks wouldn't be able to get me in there (or if I'd have to sell my first born child to pay for the repairs LOL) Thanks.

TD
12-27-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by CD-55
Wagonworks in Alexandria is UNDISPUTITEDLY the best in the area.

Only draw back is that there is often a 1 or 2 month wait just to get your car in the shop.

Edit: I have taken mine there (totaled 2001 330Ci), so has TD (M3), LIL RAJA (M3), Steve Noe (M3), & others.

I have only heard good things about them, but for accuracy sake, I have NOT been there myself.

I have taken my car (for MINOR) repairs to Mastercrafters in Rockville multiple times and been happy with their work.

But, for serious repairs, everyone acknowledges that WagonWorks is by far the best shop in the area.

jw
12-27-2002, 09:28 AM
What about for non-BMW work? I've got some minor work I want done on my '66 T-bird. Possibly a new paint job as well.