BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2007 X5 Wheeling and Dealing

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  entgegnen 
#1 ·
Hi all -

Any input on what the forum members think is a good deal on a new 2007 X5 3.0si? As I am relatively new to BMW (this purchase will be my first) I am trying to decide what a "fair" dealer markup is. $500 over invoice? (Ok, this isn't a Toyota). $1500 over invoice?

I'm looking at ordering a 2007 X5 3.0 si w/ sport, premium, rear climate, & nav for about $54,400 (including mats & locks), which appears to be +/- 1500 over invoice. Good price? Could do better? I'm in So Cal.

Also, any thoughts on extended warranties? How much should a 6/100 factory warranty extension cost? Anyone aware of any specials (as I had seen in earlier posts on this site)? Can I purchase it from any dealership at any time before 4/50?

I can't wait to get this vehicle.

Thanks!

S.

#3 ·
I just got the Navigation - not the Tech Pkg. I'm looking at going with IRVINEBMW - so far they seem the most competative. I know that of the dealers I looked at in Los Angeles County - the best I saw was about 2K over invoice. But I've also seen some indirect comments that the pricing may ease this month... and just yesterday, one previously uncompetative dealer called with news of some begining of the year specials... who really knows? Which is why I'm interested in seeing what everyone else has going on...

Did you get a delivery date?

#4 · (Edited)
I was told by the internet sales manager that my ultimate toy should be ready by Feb. 2007, but three weeks later. He called and said, bmw had problem with the manual rear window shades. I am not too sure if that issue has been resolve already or not. Did you ask your sales manager about the rear window shades for the Premium package? The new estimate delivery date will be up to 90 days or March of 2007. The waiting is really killing...

Thanks

#5 ·
When I first test drove the new X5, the model I drove did have the window shade. At an MSRP of 900ish. Within weeks, some issue arose, and apparently BMW decided to delay/discontinue the window shade. I seen different info on the windowshade. I did notice however, that the new rear climate package price w/o window shade is MSRP's at 700ish. Personally, I'm ok without the shade - there are other posts on this issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.