PDA

View Full Version : R.O. Polishing pads.

BmW745On19's
01-05-2007, 02:51 PM
What to get to take swirls out of a black car with Z-PC Zaino?

dboy11
01-05-2007, 03:19 PM
What to get to take swirls out of a black car with Z-PC Zaino?

All pad mfgers have different colors for there pads and what they do...what you want to start with is a polish pad this should cut the swirls on your car, if not then a cutting pad Megs pads for this are orange and concaved somewhat.

Is this what you are asking?

BmW745On19's
01-05-2007, 03:24 PM
All pad mfgers have different colors for there pads and what they do...what you want to start with is a polish pad this should cut the swirls on your car, if not then a cutting pad Megs pads for this are orange and concaved somewhat.

Is this what you are asking?
Well, I'm looking for more of a specific answer, like where to buy them online or in a store.

I need a 6 inch velcro backed pad for polishing heavy swirls out.

Do I need more than 1 pad type for a perfect finish?

Totoland
01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
In the Meguiar's lineup, these are the pads by order of aggressiveness:

#7006 (Burgandy): Cutting pad for heavy swirl/scratch removal. Mis-use can cause problems.

#8006 (Yellow): Polishing pad that is dependent upon the product applied, i.e. Optimum compound will remove scratches and swirls, and polishes will product a very nice finish.

#9006 (Tan): Finishing pad for applying wax or sealant.

These are available from Meguiars Online (www.meguiars.com)

In the Propel pad lineup:

Yellow is a cutting pad similar to the Meg's #7006
Orange is a medium cutting pad also similar to the #7006
Gray is a polish and finish pad.

You can find pad descriptions for these at www.exceldetail.com

Adams has a line of pads, but I'm not familiar with them.

3M has a line of pads for the bigger rotary polishers that I use at the shop.

Hope that helps you.

Totoland

dboy11
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Well, I'm looking for more of a specific answer, like where to buy them online or in a store.

To buy then online go to

http://www.detailcity.com

They have a great selection of pads and if you call they will be happy to talk to about the cutting power of them.

Edge and Lake Country pads are about as good as they get and come in the size that you are looking for, both are available threw DC

Now as for how many pads I have a cutting pad to remove the swirls then a polishing pad for the finishing touch.

You can give your car a near perfect finish with these, however don't beat yourself up with a few minor swirls its what a black car is all about...I have had 3 of them!

Cliff
01-05-2007, 04:13 PM

I buy mine from Properautocare.com (http://www.properautocare.com/clhi6inpafor.html) (which are apparently being replaced by new pads from the same manufacturer here (http://www.properautocare.com/hi612infopaa.html)). I use the white pads for general polishing work, and the yellow pads if there is some specific and deep damage to repair such as a scratch or some bird poop. I've not felt the need for other pads. Wetting the pad with water will increase its cutting action.

I'm not familiar with Zaino Z-PC. If it's a fine grade polish like Griots machine polish 3, then if used with a white pad it should remove swirl marks. If it's more of a chemical cleanser like Klasse all-in-one, then you'll need to use an abrasive polish like Griots or 3M swirl mark remover or the like.