PDA

View Full Version : super charger with M50 intake manifold

nell1e
01-06-2007, 11:15 AM
hey guys, i have a 1999 Z3M coupe and i was wanting to do a M50 intake manifold upgrade. i was wondering if i wanted to do a Dianian supercharger upgrade later on, if the manifold is compatible with just a regular Z3M, or do i have to do some conversion for it?
thanks David

nell1e
01-09-2007, 02:35 PM
no one has any idea?:confused:
well i guess it was a good try on my part.....

mvallido
01-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Your best bet is to call Dinan if you are planning to install their supercharger. Most dealer also sells Dinan products. Other options include VF Engineering and I think there are a few more that makes superchargers for bimmers.

velocity
01-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes you can do the manifold swap it will give you more power than the 2stage that you have from factory, 92 to 95 bmw got the 1 stage intake manifold, the differences is that the obd1 manifold does not have an oilseparatore, like the obd2 so you can buy a kit from eurosport, understeer and other turners out there or you can do research on the net to doit your self there is web site that give you step by step to do the convertion, as for the supercharge I stronlly recomend VF instyed than Dinan, the Dinan kit you have to drill a hole for your return line into your oil pan, cut the fan so it clears the supercharge and so on , as for the VF kit it is a true bolt easy on kit and way cheaper, plus it make 350hp=305 @ wheels and the dinan kit only makes 335 to 340 =285 to 290 @ the wheels. I am running VF supercharged and I can easily beat a dinan s/c car. cheers:thumbup:

nell1e
01-11-2007, 06:10 PM
thanks guys for your help