PDA

View Full Version : Good vinegar solution for windows?

frank325
01-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I made a vinegar/water/dish soap solution (and maybe alcohol, too, i don't recall) for my windows a while back. I misplaced it, does anyone use something similar? I'm trying to remember how many parts of each go into it.

dboy11
01-12-2007, 02:06 PM
You can mix white wine vinegar with water 50/50 and that will clean the glass no problem

However if you want real clean windows that don't smell like a salad bowl use, Stoners Invisible glass cleaner

frank325
01-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey, my windows didn't smell like a salad bowl :) It was a good concoction, didn't have a bad smell at all and it did a fantastic job. I'll have to track it down again...

Just Bryce
01-13-2007, 07:37 AM
My formula for perfect, streak free windows: wipe windows with wet chamoise thouroughly, wipe dry with a lint free towel :thumbup: No chemicals, no vinegar, no smell, NO SPOTS/STREAKS :D

QualityLeather
01-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I use my leather cleaning formula on my glass and pj lenses. Over on AVS, William Phelps mentioned roughly the same formula and said it is used on telescope glass. For me, the secret has been to use de-ionized water. I still have to use one of those polishing cloth to get the streaks out.

DominguesE30
02-04-2007, 01:40 AM
My formula for perfect, streak free windows: wipe windows with wet chamoise thouroughly, wipe dry with a lint free towel :thumbup: No chemicals, no vinegar, no smell, NO SPOTS/STREAKS :D
Thats my dads method aswell bryce...

Totoland
02-04-2007, 05:37 AM
I used to use the vinegar solution, but now use Adams (shameless plug for the sponsor) Glass Cleaner and one of those specialty glass towels (K-Wal-etc Marts have them).

Adam sent me a pre-production sample a while back. Very nice, streak free, and works as advertised.

Just another idea for you all.

Toto