PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel like...


Mdk330i
12-30-2002, 10:50 PM
you know more than the people at the BMW dealership. The other day when I was waiting for my car to get serviced, I over heard a sales associate talking to the customer about the new 330i HP. The sales guy had no clue what he was talking about but he made it sound like he knew everything about it.

With all the wonderful information we get here at bimmerfest, we all end up knowing the latest info about BMW.

doeboy
12-30-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Mdk330i
you know more than the people at the BMW dealership. The other day when I was waiting for my car to get serviced, I over heard a sales associate talking to the customer about the new 330i HP. The sales guy had no clue what he was talking about but he made it sound like he knew everything about it.

With all the wonderful information we get here at bimmerfest, we all end up knowing the latest info about BMW.

All the time... :lmao:

And I think I don't really know much at all about Bimmers yet other that stuff I learned from here and some other friends.

I've had sales drones start telling me things and I just nod but inside I'm like... :rolleyes: :confused:

Patrick
12-30-2002, 11:10 PM
When I picked up my E39 from the dealership a few weeks, the salesman handed me the keys and said, "Here is your car. There is no point in me telling you how anything works, because you know more about this car than I do. Call me if there is a problem." Then he handed me a bottle of BMW champagne and left the showroom.

:confused: :eeps: :D

Patrick

doeboy
12-30-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
When I picked up my E39 from the dealership a few weeks, the salesman handed me the keys and said, "Here is your car. There is no point in me telling you how anything works, because you know more about this car than I do. Call me if there is a problem." Then he handed me a bottle of BMW champagne and left the showroom.

:confused: :eeps: :D

Patrick

BMW Champagne??? :yikes:

So how was it? Was it the "Ultimate Bubbly Experience"? :p

Mdk330i
12-30-2002, 11:24 PM
All, I got was a calendar:cry:

Mr. The Edge
12-30-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Mdk330i
All, I got was a calendar:cry:

I got no extras

Patrick
12-30-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by doeboy
BMW Champagne??? :yikes:

So how was it? Was it the "Ultimate Bubbly Experience"? :p

More like BMW cheap, sparkling, white wine ... :eek:

Patrick
12-30-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Mdk330i
All, I got was a calendar:cry:

They also gave me a calendar, a 2002 E39 parts catalog and price guide, a book about the history of BMW, a few posters and a BMW golf umbrella.

Patrick

Mdk330i
12-30-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by atyclb
I got no extras

Thanks for making me feel better.

Kaz
12-30-2002, 11:37 PM
I didn't get jack either.

And that 'champagne' would never fly in the US. The bottle is far too big for the cupholders and people would complain. :lmao:

Mdk330i
12-30-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
They also gave me a calendar, a 2002 E39 parts catalog and price guide, a book about the history of BMW, a few posters and a BMW golf umbrella.

Patrick

You are one lucky guy. I think I would have been through the roof if I got an umbrella or a baseball cap. Do you visit the dealership like once a week or something?

doeboy
12-30-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
They also gave me a calendar, a 2002 E39 parts catalog and price guide, a book about the history of BMW, a few posters and a BMW golf umbrella.

Patrick

Wow.... what's with BMW showering all their European clients with lots of gifts and stuff? hehehe

Patrick
12-30-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
I didn't get jack either.

And that 'champagne' would never fly in the US. The bottle is far too big for the cupholders and people would complain. :lmao:

They gave me two bottles (they know me too well), and I drank the other one while driving home. :eeps:

Kidding! :D

My E39 doesn't have CUPHOLDERS! :mad:

Patrick

Patrick
12-30-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Mdk330i
You are one lucky guy. I think I would have been through the roof if I got an umbrella or a baseball cap. Do you visit the dealership like once a week or something?

I am just a repeat customer, I guess.

I gave the umbrella as a Christmas gift to a friend of mine that is an advid golfer!

I visit the parts department "occassionally" ... :eeps: Which is why the salesman insisted on giving me the parts book. :D

Patrick

doeboy
12-30-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
They gave me two bottles (they know me too well), and I drank the other one while driving home. :eeps:

Kidding! :D

My E39 doesn't have CUPHOLDERS! :mad:

Patrick

How about ice buckets for chilling your BMW Bubbly? :lmao:

Patrick
12-30-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by doeboy
Wow.... what's with BMW showering all their European clients with lots of gifts and stuff? hehehe

I think that Audi and Volvo do the same thing here.

I have also been given tickets to auto shows by my salesman and if they get some new cars, he calls me to see if I would like a test drive. Nothing too special.

There are of course, less people here buying semi-expensive cars, so I think that they just want to show their appreciation for being suckered into what you perceive as a "good deal". :confused:

Patrick

doeboy
12-30-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
I think that Audi and Volvo do the same thing here.

I have also been given tickets to auto shows by my salesman and if they get some new cars, he calls me to see if I would like a test drive. Nothing too special.

There are of course, less people here buying semi-expensive cars, so I think that they just want to show their appreciation for being suckered into what you perceive as a "good deal". :confused:

Patrick

Still I think I'd take the variety of interesting gifts over cup-holders.... :lmao: ;)

Patrick
12-30-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by doeboy
How about ice buckets for chilling your BMW Bubbly? :lmao:

:D In Finland, we just leave things outside (in the winter). No need for a fridge to keep the lager cold!

Oh yeah, I did get a BMW Roundel labeled bucket with a host of BMW car wash/cleaning products (sponge, car shampoo, wheel cleaner, wheel cleaning brush, wax etc.), but that was with the 320dT purchase a year ago. Good stuff, BTW.

Patrick

doeboy
12-30-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
:D In Finland, we just leave things outside (in the winter). No need for a fridge to keep the lager cold!

Oh yeah, I did get a BMW Roundel labeled bucket with a host of BMW car wash/cleaning products (sponge, car shampoo, wheel cleaner, wheel cleaning brush, wax etc.), but that was with the 320dT purchase a year ago. Good stuff, BTW.

Patrick

Oh man... you're killin' me over here.... so much variety of "gifts" hehehe

Patrick
12-30-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by doeboy
Still I think I'd take the variety of interesting gifts over cup-holders.... :lmao: ;)

I have been told (by my salesman no less) that the E39 cupholders SUCK. He suggested these (BMW part):

http://www.bevcor.com/mug/BimmerFest2002/images/Bimmerfest%202002%20021.jpg

Patrick

doeboy
12-31-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
I have been told (by my salesman no less) that the E39 cupholders SUCK. He suggested these (BMW part):

Patrick

He didn't give'em to you? :eeps:

toshweir27
12-31-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Mdk330i
you know more than the people at the BMW dealership. The other day when I was waiting for my car to get serviced, I over heard a sales associate talking to the customer about the new 330i HP. The sales guy had no clue what he was talking about but he made it sound like he knew everything about it.

With all the wonderful information we get here at bimmerfest, we all end up knowing the latest info about BMW.

As a junior in HS thru college (1990 thru 1996) I worked as a porter in the service side at a BMW dealer. I had to deal with salespeople and customers. In my experience 5 out of 10 salespeople really knew the cars they were selling. About 5 out of 10 customers knew what they were buying.........this was in the days before the internet. Hopefully today we can be thankful for this board and Jon. Or CAR & EVO :thumbup:

OBS3SSION
12-31-2002, 04:30 AM
Not just BMW, but I find I know more about whatever I am looking at than most salesman. Of course, my wife and I are obsessive about researching things to death before making a purchase. I have a rapport with my VW dealership's sales, parts and service guys because I know so much about the cars, and I bring them so much business... especially in parts. They are selling parts and accessories that they didn't even know existed, or would fit on Passats. (Audi warning triangles, TT blow-off-valves, Jetta aspherical mirrors, etc.)

I make a regular habit of going into a store (usually electronics) and "playing dumb" with the salesman and ask about certain products. It's amazing how much some lie to make a sale, and others just don't have a clue. I especially like asking if something has a fictitious feature, and they tell me YES! :lmao: You should have heard some of the things Circuit City salesmen were telling me about Divx! Yeah, that boneheaded format lasted...

Anyway... I guess that is the difference between being an enthusiast and not. We are the enthusiasts and strive to know everything there is to know about a subject. The salesman, on the other hand, simply go to work to do their job... whether that be selling BMWs or Divx players.

TD
12-31-2002, 05:19 AM
Well, I've received a bunch of stuff from my salesman when buying my BMWs. I now have 6 BMW UDM T-shirts, 4 BMW fob key chains, 2 M3 fob key chains, and 1 X5 stainless steel travel coffee mug, all courtesy of my salesman given at the time of delivery. Granted those gifts were spread out over 3 cars. But thats still 2 T-shirts and 2 key chains per car plus the X5 travel mug as an extra on the CPO'd M3.

The two new cars were $1500 over invoice and, AFAIK, I didn't overpay on the CPO'd M3.

Dr. Phil
12-31-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
I didn't get jack either.

And that 'champagne' would never fly in the US. The bottle is far too big for the cupholders and people would complain. :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

I liked the cupholder reference on the History channel the other night on the show about the Autobahn. :thumbup:

Mdk330i
12-31-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT
I have been told (by my salesman no less) that the E39 cupholders SUCK. He suggested these (BMW part):

http://www.bevcor.com/mug/BimmerFest2002/images/Bimmerfest%202002%20021.jpg

Patrick

The M5 is such an expensive cupholder.:D

machmeter
01-01-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Patrick 520iAT


http://www.bevcor.com/mug/BimmerFest2002/images/Bimmerfest%202002%20021.jpg

Patrick

Imagine slamming the door with a nice hot latte in that cupholder. Ouch! :D

Yeah, yeah, whatever. This IS California.