PDA

View Full Version : Brake light and 4X4 DSC light on after jump start

wlazo
01-15-2007, 07:28 AM
I had to get BMW assist out this morning to jump start our '07 X3. A couple of things I noticed after the jump start: the car made this "ticking" noise while idling after jump starting it, once I turned it off and them started again the ticking noise went away (not sure what was that all about); now the brake and 4X4 DSC triangle warning lights stay on all the time :dunno:

did anyone ever experience this after a jump start or have any idea what could be going on?

thanks!

ycrazyy
01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
When I disconnected my battery to install my DICE kit the same thing happened. Once you start driving it should go away within a couple of minutes. If they haven't gone away, I would just take it to the service center.

wlazo
01-15-2007, 10:52 AM
When I disconnected my battery to install my DICE kit the same thing happened. Once you start driving it should go away within a couple of minutes. If they haven't gone away, I would just take it to the service center.

thanks, I went for a little longer drive and everything cleared this time. Back to normal :bigpimp:

dood
02-02-2007, 04:54 PM

I just installed a DICE HD and before I got busy installing, I disconencted a couple fuses that were mentioned in the DICE manual. I've been having problems with the text display and audio cutting out on the DICE. I spoke with Tom from EAS and he told me to try disconnecting and shorting the battery cables for 10 minutes, then hook it all back up to reset the system.

It seemed to help the text on my nav screen from the DICE unit, but the audio cut out was still there.

The other thing that happened was that when I started up the car, the DSC, BRAKE, and ABS lights are all on - yellow. You mentioned that this went away after you drove a bit? I didn't go for a spin yet since it's snowing here. Hopefully they'll disappear tomorrow when I go for a spin.

How long did it take for them to go out?

Thanks.

wlazo
02-03-2007, 09:01 AM
You mentioned that this went away after you drove a bit? I didn't go for a spin yet since it's snowing here. Hopefully they'll disappear tomorrow when I go for a spin.

How long did it take for them to go out?

Thanks.

yes, after going for a drive 2 times once I turned off the car the next time I got into the car and started it everything was back to normal

johntchow
05-12-2007, 12:48 PM
im having the same problem with the yellow brake light indicator and the 4x4 lamp on. in the manual it says it has to do with a malfunction of the emv braking system or something. ill drive it around a bit more today and hopefully the lamps go out.

neill
05-13-2007, 08:14 PM
If you have these lights after a dead battery, try running your steering wheel from lock to lock both ways. I believe it is to reset one of the steering sensors....

izover1
06-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Those of you guys that experience the Brake and the DSC indicator on in yellow that went away...Did it ever come back?

CDETONYG
11-09-2010, 03:35 PM
if you have these lights after a dead battery, try running your steering wheel from lock to lock both ways. I believe it is to reset one of the steering sensors....

disconnected battery for oil seperator service and when re-connected dcs light on, cycled steering wheel lock to lock and light reset and went out.