PDA

View Full Version : the 2007 x-drive is improved.

sayemthree
01-16-2007, 01:20 PM
accordnig to the article in Bimmer the 2007 x-drive has improved programming to work in conjunction with DSC in slippery conditions. at no slip though its programmed to provide 40/60 f/r split.

Sonoman707
01-17-2007, 07:04 PM
accordnig to the article in Bimmer the 2007 x-drive has improved programming to work in conjunction with DSC in slippery conditions. at no slip though its programmed to provide 40/60 f/r split.

40/60 F/R under normal conditions isn't new I don't believe.

chuck92103
01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Don't see why a simple software update cannot be used on older models. :dunno: It sounds more like marketing.

sayemthree
01-17-2007, 11:58 PM
40/60 F/R under normal conditions isn't new I don't believe.

you are correct from what I have read.

sayemthree
01-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Don't see why a simple software update cannot be used on older models. :dunno: It sounds more like marketing.

marketing yes- computer programming yes. improved? thats what they say.

could they retrofit - probably? but does Microsoft offer you the newest windows for free when it comes out. no, they want you to buy a new software package.

AzNMpower32
01-18-2007, 08:17 AM
I wonder what they could improve.........the power shift times between the front and rear axles already seems pretty quick and transparent most of the time. Maybe they found a way around the underdriven front wheels which results in understeer in wet cornering.:dunno:

Sonoman707
01-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I wonder what they could improve.... :dunno:

Whatever this actually means compared to pre-2007 - I'm not 100% clear. The fine line between all of the TLAs are beginning to blur. ;)

Like other current BMW models with all-wheel drive, the X3 incorporates BMW's advanced xDrive all-wheel drive and traction system. Moreover, the 2007 X3 3.0si becomes the first BMW SAV to include Dynamic Traction Control as part of DSC.

In order to ensure a high degree of stability and traction under all conditions, the xDrive all-wheel drive system, DSC and the engine management system are networked via Integrated Chassis Management. Working together, the systems will react to a loss of traction at any wheel by first utilizing xDrive to move traction to the front or rear axle as appropriate. Then, if necessary, DSC will work to help stabilize the vehicle.

There is a nice and very detailed review on the 2007 X3 (really goes into detail on the differences from previous years) located here:

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z12961/default.aspx

<<Edit>> There are some great high res photos as well.